Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control proponents are now trying to buy Guns & ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I dunno. Lived experience is really powerful.

Ever hear the expression, " A democrat is just a republican that hasn't been mugged yet" ?

The counter example, ironically, is "A republican is just a democrat that hasn't gotten sick yet."
    I wish I shared your optimism on this. I think we're going to find that plenty of people feel they should be able to have a gun but nobody else should, so gun control is a net positive. To those people, I hope they experience all the difficulty they deserve in procuring a firearm and enjoy your Amazon delivered baseball bat, loser.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    On a written test for a "Transition" course from revolver to semi, one of our dumb as a box of hammers deputies answered the question "What purpose does the decocker serve?" with "To remove the cock". Needless to say he stuck with a wheelie.
    One of our most memorable phrases used during a transition from sixguns to Smith 2nd gen 9mms was "Decock your weapon before it decocks you".

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    U.S. Military healthcare, and especially the VA, are what you get when you let (our) government run healthcare on a shoestring with political appointees in charge.
    Now i'm back to wanting everyone to have to serve in the military for 4 years, if only to get to experience the "excellent" level of care our glorious leaders provide.
    FIFY.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    On a written test for a "Transition" course from revolver to semi, one of our dumb as a box of hammers deputies answered the question "What purpose does the decocker serve?" with "To remove the cock". Needless to say he stuck with a wheelie.
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    One of our most memorable phrases used during a transition from sixguns to Smith 2nd gen 9mms was "Decock your weapon before it decocks you".
    The same guy I referenced above regarding the "staggered rounds", also asked the FLETC EVOC Course trainer what "PRNDL" stood for at the top of the steering column.

Bet you'd wanna drive with him.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

New gun shop rules in CT. BY HIS EXCELLENCY NED LAMONT EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 7N

https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Office...rder-No-7N.pdf

a. Firearms Transactions by Appointment Only. Effective immediately and through May 15, 2020, unless earlier modified, extended, or terminated by me, because the nature of certain regulated retail transactions, including purchase, sale, and transfer of firearms, ammunition, and their components or supplies, requires the customer's presence inside the business to accommodate certain parts of those transactions or associated background check processes, and in order to limit person-to-person contact as much as possible and manage the large increase in requests for authorizations for such transactions and the resulting burdens on the communications technology and public safety staff responsible for reviewing and providing such authorizations, any firearms dealer shall conduct all such transactions by appointment only, shall limit such appointments to a number that will maintain a distance of six feet between any customers and/or staff in a store, including customers and staff conducting such transactions, and shall allow entrance into their establishments only to those customers conducting such transactions.

Heard from a co-worker with family on Long Island that their family member, lifelong "no one needs a gun" NYers, bum rushed one of the LGS recently. This family member somehow got convinced that a $900+ Henry "NRA Commemorative" Yellowboy .22 was EXACTLY what they needed to be prepared for the Covid-19 apocalypse in Suffolk County.

On the one hand, I'm disappointed in the LGS for taking advantage of an uneducated consumer. On the other hand... fuck 'em. No one needs a gun until YOU need one - you get what you get.

Site Supporter
    During the Obama panic, I went to the Saxet gun show in San Antonio. A guy was at a table and the seller was pushing for a $2500 1911 Kimber with some kind of ammo paint on it. Said it was only one of two in the USA from a Special Forces order of super duper guns. Better buy before they are banned. Well, the guy did and walked off. The seller took another super duper gun out from under his table.

Carrot Emptier - or something like that.

Site Supporter
    Name:  A7E37B57-A14F-488B-AF34-BA2F148DBB4B.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  48.8 KB

From the title, I thought Bloomberg was the new owner of:

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    This family member somehow got convinced that a $900+ Henry "NRA Commemorative" Yellowboy .22 was EXACTLY what they needed to be prepared for the Covid-19 apocalypse in Suffolk County.
    The fact that it’s an NRA commemoration makes me smile a bit.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List