Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control proponents are now trying to buy Guns & ammo

Site Supporter
    I think the liberal lesson here is "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it".

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I think this is great, I am happy that more people are buying guns and seeing first hand how the current state of gun restriction affects the average Joe. These same people can't go out and talk about gun nuts because they are one of "us" now. This is a positive for the community because a lot of people are now exposed. It got those on the fence off of it. Super anti gunners will always be anti gunners. Its the rest of us that I want to bring into the fold. Come on in the water is nice...
    This is literally exactly how I feel.

If I am at the range this weekend, you can bet I will be super aware of any noobies on the line and if I am asked, I will help out in any way I can.

At the very least, the entire gun industry is going to see a nice bump in the profit column. Can't be mad at that.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Well, lets hope some of them vote pro gun in the future.
    They won’t. The LA riots should have woken Kalifornia progressive up but it didn’t. One thing I have learned living in one of the most progressive and hoplophibic regions of the country is that that the WOKE earnestly believe that they are anointed and the rules only apply to others.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 03-20-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    They won’t. The LA riots should have woken Kalifornia progressive up but I’d didn’t. One thing I have lived living in one of the most progressive and hoplophibic regions of the country is that that the WOKE earnestly believe that they are anointed and the rules only apply to others.

"You got that right pal. Now get off my lawn before I have one of my security team shoot you."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Vending Machine Operator
    I think it's a net positive. Even if it only shifts a few thousand people into the pro-gun camp, I'll take it. With the media slanted as hard as it is against guns, we need all the voices we can get.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    They won’t. The LA riots should have woken Kalifornia progressive up but I’d didn’t. One thing I have lived living in one of the most progressive and hoplophibic regions of the country is that that the WOKE earnestly believe that they are anointed and the rules only apply to others.
    One thing I've seen coming out of the Coronavirus Panic is that WOKE culture seems to be getting swept aside in a hurry.

For months, years, all I've been hearing about is people's fucking identity choices. Now all the sudden, people are seeing an existential threat and their personal identities are becoming less relevant. I drew a comparison between "early" Millennials and "late" Millennials a while back that brings this idea back to the forefront.

Early millennials grew up partly before widespread internet, but had it in our teen years. Many of us 'came of age' right around the 2008 financial crisis and spent the better part of 3-5 years of our early careers/adult lives struggling financially to make ends meet, to eat, to live. Many of us don't give two rat fucks about people's identities, because we have work ethics that put a lot of folks to shame. We busted our asses to make the modicum of progress we did make and we won't be giving anything up without a fight.

Late millennials came of age in the rebounding portion of the economy. They grew up accepting lower standards than the folks just five years ahead of them. These are the folks who care more about having their "identity" respected than they care about being self-sufficient or free. The bar was low for them and they still aim to walk right under it. Career baristas, 'artists', social justice warriors. Those folks are now feeling the real pinch, the real threat, of economic and cultural crisis that they never felt before.

What is fascinating to me is that in the blink of an eye, they are abandoning their "identities", because it means nothing. I think in six months we'll see some interesting pieces from Vox and Vice about the 'coming of age' of Millennials born 1990 and after, and how even though some of those folks are 30 years old this year, they had no fucking clue.

Slacktivism will not cure coronavirus. Nor will it keep mean people from coming to your house and taking your shit by force if they want it. When all of the sudden the struggle for survival becomes real, people want the means and tools to help them survive, and they stop caring about the other shit.

The trick will be reminding folks of these lessons in 5 years and 10 years and beyond.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    <snip>
    Anyway, I was looking at your avatar and thinking that, since this whole shebang started, I shifted over to carrying a 1911 and that my usual go-to rifle is a Winchester `94.

So I'm there.

(OK, the 1911 is a LW Commander, but still)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    So I have a theory about people who are super into gun control.

One subset of folks are genuinely horrified by violence and honestly think it will help. I can disagree with them, but still respect them. These folks essentially think The Government Fairy can solve this and make the world a better place.

The other other subset of folks are actually really violent people. Its just that their skills and predilections make them much more capable of social and emotional violence than physical violence. They know on an atavistic level that physical violence trumps their bullshit. They want to use The Government Fairy to make sure everyone else has to play by the same rule as them. They've gotten a wake up call that snarky comments on Twitter aren't going to be enough, so they're in line to buy a gun.

It can hard to tell the two groups apart, as they often virtue signal in the same ways.
    Anecdotally, this is true. It is actually also quite easy to tell them apart, because the second group will psychologically project their own failings onto humanity at large.

They will talk about all sorts of violent fantasies like "if people have guns in their glove box, they're going to road rage and kill people" - because they would do this themselves. If they trust you enough, they will slip up and tell you that they know they would do this if they had a gun easily available. Their major failing is that they have uncontrolled violent tendencies, *and* that they believe everyone else does, too.

When everything goes back to normal and they hate guns again I hope there are some sweet deals for used guns on the shelf. And hopefully they aren't all taurus and hipoint either.

User Tag List