Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control proponents are now trying to buy Guns & ammo

Gun Control proponents are now trying to buy Guns & ammo

Site Supporter
    Well, lets hope some of them vote pro gun in the future.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Good!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Well, lets hope some of them vote pro gun in the future.
    I’m skeptical this will change their outlook. This is a crisis, civilized society doesn’t need guns.

Once the panic subsides I can see them going right back to their anti-gun drivel, only now they’ll claim that them owning a firearm makes their opinion more valid. After all, how many people that currently own guns still push for “common sense gun laws”?

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I’m skeptical this will change their outlook. This is a crisis, civilized society doesn’t need guns.

Once the panic subsides I can see them going right back to their anti-gun drivel, only now they’ll claim that them owning a firearm makes their opinion more valid. After all, how many people that currently own guns still push for “common sense gun laws”?
    It's pretty much a crisis when someone breaks into one's home, or attacks one on the street. (Of course, you know that already. But, maybe the concept of "crisis" may be adjusted somewhat in the wake of feeling real fear for perhaps the first time by some.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

So I have a theory about people who are super into gun control.

One subset of folks are genuinely horrified by violence and honestly think it will help. I can disagree with them, but still respect them. These folks essentially think The Government Fairy can solve this and make the world a better place.

The other other subset of folks are actually really violent people. Its just that their skills and predilections make them much more capable of social and emotional violence than physical violence. They know on an atavistic level that physical violence trumps their bullshit. They want to use The Government Fairy to make sure everyone else has to play by the same rule as them. They've gotten a wake up call that snarky comments on Twitter aren't going to be enough, so they're in line to buy a gun.

It can hard to tell the two groups apart, as they often virtue signal in the same ways.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

And vegans are secretly stockpiling Spam.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I don't know of anything more vegan than Spam:

Stuff
    Posing
    As
    Meat

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Judging from our grocery store shelves, a bunch of "gluten allergies" have disappeared.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I think this is great, I am happy that more people are buying guns and seeing first hand how the current state of gun restriction affects the average Joe. These same people can't go out and talk about gun nuts because they are one of "us" now. This is a positive for the community because a lot of people are now exposed. It got those on the fence off of it. Super anti gunners will always be anti gunners. Its the rest of us that I want to bring into the fold. Come on in the water is nice...

Everyone that is shitting on them? Way to represent the worst of us. Instead this is a great opportunity to educate these folks because you have a captive deer in headlights audience that will likely be way more receptive to the "guns aren't bad" message that we are all promoting.

User Tag List