Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: EoTech Died/Need Recommendation

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Definitely a confusing series of red dots from SIG. They seem to introduce/discontinue red dots at random. The 4M line has been discontinued and/or dropped from our optics contract in favor of the more expensive 4T. With that said, I was at a vendor event earlier this month and saw the new FBI spec 4MB. Black anodized housing, heavy duty mount. Overall a pretty decent looking little unit. I didn't get pricing info but assume it is $400.

We have a couple hundred 4M optics and a handful of T optics in use in my sector of AZ. Few have had any issues. Some issues such as battery cap damage are user error. SIG suggests tightening the cap with fingers and only using the coin slot to remove the cap. One recent complaint is that the M will reflect light inside the optic when used as just the right angle with the sun. This reflection will cause a "ghost dot" to appear and can be confusing for the shooter. Not an exclusive problem to SIG by the way...

The T is definitely a nicer unit. Better mount. Better finish. Time will tell if they work any better than anything else. As I think I mentioned, we have had one T fail. The central dot would not activate but the circle piece still worked.

The "problem" I have with the T as a person who's responsible for spending some of our optics budget is price. For basically the same money I can get the Aimpoint PRO. Some people don't like the PRO because of its size and lack of anything other than a dot. Still, from a general use standpoint it is probably the current standard for LE red dots. Or at least it should be.

With that said I think we're all in agreement that Aimpoint needs a Romeo4T killer. A PRO version of the T2 would instantly become the go to must have for many people as long as it was priced in the mid 400 low 500 range.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    All the BU 4Ms I’ve seen have been the original. My understanding is SIG offered some alternate / improved optics (4T) and the response was “no thank you.”

A pro version of the T2/H2 would make sense as AP’s latest military sales all seem to be related to the M5 series.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    All the BU 4Ms I’ve seen have been the original. My understanding is SIG offered some alternate / improved optics (4T) and the response was “no thank you.”

A pro version of the T2/H2 would make sense as AP’s latest military sales all seem to be related to the M5 series.
    If you haven't seen the T, it has additional reticle optics vs the M. The M had a dot or a circle dot. The T has a dot, a circle dot, a series of four dots in a line for holdovers and a circle with the four dots inside. There's also a version of the T with marks left and right of the center dot for windage holds.

The M was a good value at $250 or so as originally priced on our contract. The T is probably still a good optic for $400 but the Trijicon MRO and Aimpoint PRO are in this ballpark so no reason to buy the T unless a shooter specifically wants the various reticle options.

Personally I don't mind a simple dot but I also understand why some people want a bit more info.

I agree that the MRO with a circle dot is an exciting development. Especially if we can get them for $400.

This just in:

Ann Arbor, Michigan (March 24, 2020) - American Holoptics LLC[emoji769], a privately-held U.S. company, has signed a definitive agreement with L3Harris[emoji769] to acquire EOTech[emoji2400].

The transaction is expected to close mid-2020 and is conditioned on customary closing conditions.

American Holoptics is a subsidiary of Koucar Management, whose strategic acquisitions of Elite Defense[emoji2400] and HEL Technologies[emoji769] represent a solid foundation of cutting-edge optical science and weapons systems distribution.

The American Holoptics leadership team has an exceptionally broad and deep experience providing high-quality products to the global weapons accessory market. In addition, this team has a proven track record of building customer-first and technology-focused organizations.

"We're proud to sign this agreement to join our team and technology with the EOTech brand," says Matt Van Haaren, CEO of American Holoptics. "

EOTech brings together technologically advanced product lines and production capabilities that will integrate well with our existing business and strategically expand our product portfolio.

Together we will deliver an all-new level of service, innovation, and integrity to military, law enforcement and civilian users around the world."

User Tag List