Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: EoTech Died/Need Recommendation

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Found the email from the Aimpoint rep with battery life estimates in hours. "Position 9 = 25,000. 10 = 12,500. 11 = 6,250. 12 = 3,125. Factor in environmental and psychical influence on the battery as well."
    In contrast, the only way to keep the AAs in our old 552s from dying in the TX heat between quarterly qualifications was lithium AAs.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In contrast, the only way to keep the AAs in our old 552s from dying in the TX heat between quarterly qualifications was lithium AAs.
    No disagreement that the Aimpoints will run longer, I just feel that the 50k battery life gets over-hyped and its important for the end user to understand that may not be the case. I've had two or three times where I picked up my HD gun with a T1 or T2 and it was dead. The benefit to the Eotechs for me is that I've always known when it was dying because its only on when I'm using it and it flashes to notify me. This is with my EXPS though, I've had older models die while off due to battery drain so I should say benefit to the good EOTechs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    ...Eotechs...always known when it was dying because its only on when I'm using it and it flashes to notify me.
    It would be nice to see Aimpoint add something like this into their circuitry.

It would also be nice to see an Aimpoint with a circle dot reticle. I like the dot personally but I know plenty of people who like a circle dot. The MRO is available with this now so maybe Aimpoint will do something similar.

I'd love to see Aimpoint make an actual rifle scope. Something 1-4 would be fine for carbine use but I guess market forces would demand it be at least 6x at the top end. Anyway, something with Aimpoint's brightness and battery life would be nifty especially if they could sell it for a Grand-ish.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    The irony of touting Chinese optics continues to amaze me. They stole the technology from the folks who developed it, used what is essentially slave labor to manufacture it and then purposely let a global pandemic loose on us, but we like it because it's cheap. SMH
    Industrial espionage is part of doing business. Right or wrong or for better or worse. Look at all the 1911, Glock, AR and Remington 700 clones.

Buy American is great but what's out there for US red dots other than the MRO? Leupold makes a few red dots but they are either dismissed as junk or are expensive. I like the LCO well enough but it could use some minor tweaks. Does its performance vs other quality red dots justify the additional money?

Ideally Aimpoint should make a "pro" version of the T2. Something with a less expensive housing and maybe a cheaper coating on the lenses. Something with about 90% of the T2's specs that's $25% cheaper. I think something that's priced better in the market would certainly help steal some sales back from SIG.

Yes. I know Aimpoint is made in Sweden....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Industrial espionage is part of doing business. Right or wrong or for better or worse. Look at all the 1911, Glock, AR and Remington 700 clones.

Buy American is great but what's out there for US red dots other than the MRO? Leupold makes a few red dots but they are either dismissed as junk or are expensive. I like the LCO well enough but it could use some minor tweaks. Does its performance vs other quality red dots justify the additional money?

Ideally Aimpoint should make a "pro" version of the T2. Something with a less expensive housing and maybe a cheaper coating on the lenses. Something with about 90% of the T2's specs that's $25% cheaper. I think something that's priced better in the market would certainly help steal some sales back from SIG.

Yes. I know Aimpoint is made in Sweden....

Aimpoint is a Swedish product for sure; Sig is Chinese (components imported from Holosun, I believe, and then assembled in US). You're not the first one who has asked for a Micro sight platform at a price point. And yes, the performance and quality is worth the money over the others and even more so now. Plus, see how many of those optics can or will be repaired by their source vendors. We're still repairing (at no cost) optics made in the 1990s. I'm not going to run on here, but the guys on here that know me, know I don't bullshit anybody. Aimpoint's quality, durability and longevity is well worth the price, especially when not made by what is basically slave labor.

As for the Chinese and the low-cost mentality they've addicted us to, I'm wondering if the lives of 9,000,000 plus Americans will have been worth it? This regime concealed, covered up and arrested folks who were warning about this in December/January in the PRC. They intentionally put all of us and our loved ones at risk of our lives. That number, by the way is based on 70% of 330,000,000 being infected (the number feared to get sick) with a 4% fatality rate. We are teetering on the edge of complete economic disaster and a loss of life we've never had a frame of reference for, directly due to the actions of the PRC. My figures are worst case ones, but are based on the raw data coming out every day. Barring a miracle of some kind of broadly available treatment, we're going to lose millions to this. Still want Chinese optics and "stuff"??
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 03-20-2020 at 05:12 PM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I don't bullshit anybody. Aimpoint's quality, durability and longevity is well worth the price.
    I never meant to imply you are trying to BS anyone. Apologies if I sounded like I'm accusing you.

@Wayne Dobbs

Any way you can bend some ears there, and have someone make an optic those of us challenged by astigmatism can actually use?

If it weren’t for that I wouldn’t look at anything but aim point.....but given those realities, there’s no way I’d consider an aim point

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    @Wayne Dobbs

Any way you can bend some ears there, and have someone make an optic those of us challenged by astigmatism can actually use?

If it weren’t for that I wouldn’t look at anything but aim point.....but given those realities, there’s no way I’d consider an aim point
    My astigmatism doesn't show up on H-2, T-2, ACRO or CompM5. I see a bit of distortion on PRO and CompM4, but if you're focusing on the dot and/or are shooting with an eye closed, you're not using the sight efficiently or correctly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I never meant to imply you are trying to BS anyone. Apologies if I sounded like I'm accusing you.

Didn't think you were. I was simply stating that I'm the most non-sales guy in that whole organization when it comes to discussing/selling those or anything else. Quite a few folks here personally know me and that I am very straightforward (often to my detriment).

Didn't think you were. I was simply stating that I'm the most non-sales guy in that whole organization when it comes to discussing/selling those or anything else. Quite a few folks here personally know me and that I am very straightforward (often to my detriment).
    10-4. Have a good weekend.

User Tag List