Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EoTech Died/Need Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by EricG View Post
    Also, keep in mind..going from an Eotech FOV to a micro RDS toilet paper roll FOV will be quite the adjustment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I think that depends on the person, I never noticed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you to everyone! PF continues to be the best firearms forum on the net!

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What model EOTech?
    The "EOTech Battery Eater." (An old 512.)

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    How old is the EO Tech? Is it pre-2009/pre-new logo?

However I ask because whether you want to stick with EoTech or not, they do not repair pre-2009 Optics, however if you send back the nonfunctional optic they will let you buy any other EO Tech optic of your choice for half price.
    Pre-2009. I haven't shopped sights in forever and did not even know EOTech had a new logo until my research started after the original post here. Thank you for the information on the half price deal. I may ship the old 512 in for something new.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    My Aimpoint PRO (personal, not duty) has been rock solid. The battery life isn't as long term as touted, but still a good, solid optic for someone like me that wants to slap it on, zero it, and forget about it.
    Exactly. For the curious here, I went with an Aimpoint Pro. Why? After having an optic that repeatedly needed new batteries, I very much like the idea of having something that I can leave turned on, and that will stay on, for a very, very long time without having to worry about battery replacement. This particular AR is primarily for home defense (I have been flamed here for using an EOTech for that purpose), but it sees use at the range (everyone needs to practice) and out in the country for hogs and coyotes when feeding cows. It's frustrating to have a target and the batteries have literally gone dead during the ride.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post

Pre-2009. I haven't shopped sights in forever and did not even know EOTech had a new logo until my research started after the original post here. Thank you for the information on the half price deal. I may ship the old 512 in for something new.

Exactly. For the curious here, I went with an Aimpoint Pro. Why? After having an optic that repeatedly needed new batteries, I very much like the idea of having something that I can leave turned on, and that will stay on, for a very, very long time without having to worry about battery replacement. This particular AR is primarily for home defense (I have been flamed here for using an EOTech for that purpose), but it sees use at the range (everyone needs to practice) and out in the country for hogs and coyotes when feeding cows. It's frustrating to have a target and the batteries have literally gone dead during the ride.
    Good call on the PRO. Great optic for the $$$.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just keep in mind that the 50k battery life is at a relatively low setting, maybe 6? For every setting above that, it drops drastically but last I checked, that wasn't in the manual. I actually had to email Aimpoint to get the estimated battery life on other settings (Vortex is the same way FWIW). I like my dots bright, especially since I have Scout lights on all of my guns, so I have to keep them up pretty high so as not to get washed out when I hit the light. I usually am replacing batteries every 6-8 months or so.

I usually am replacing batteries every 6-8 months or so.
    And to me with my experience, that would still be awesome!
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter

If you do go for a new EO my experience has been the sideways battery models > the longways battery models.

Six to seven months cell life here too. Setting 7.

Site Supporter
    I think that depends on the person, I never noticed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. If you are properly target focused and don’t search through your optic, which you shouldn’t going from the EO to the micro is not a big deal.

The only significant difference I have seen is using The RDS for passive aiming with night vision. They’re the bigger FOV of the EO Tech allows much greater light transmission.

Site Supporter
    Just keep in mind that the 50k battery life is at a relatively low setting, maybe 6? For every setting above that, it drops drastically but last I checked, that wasn't in the manual. I actually had to email Aimpoint to get the estimated battery life on other settings (Vortex is the same way FWIW). I like my dots bright, especially since I have Scout lights on all of my guns, so I have to keep them up pretty high so as not to get washed out when I hit the light. I usually am replacing batteries every 6-8 months or so.
    We leave our H-1s on at work all the time on a default setting of seven or eight. Changing batteries once a year we’ve not had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    We leave our H-1s on at work all the time on a default setting of seven or eight. Changing batteries once a year we’ve not had any issues.
    Found the email from the Aimpoint rep with battery life estimates in hours. "Position 9 = 25,000. 10 = 12,500. 11 = 6,250. 12 = 3,125. Factor in environmental and psychical influence on the battery as well."

User Tag List