Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EoTech Died/Need Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree which is why I said they're more durable, but I do think they're over-hyped.
    We have over 600 of the old 500 series EOTECH optics in my work area. Most of these have been in near constant use for years and still work fine. Problems with emitters falling out inside the optic do pop up from time to time. Other problems exist such as delamination of the glass. Other issues, like loosing the little rubber battery bumpers, pop up too.

We've slowly (as budget allows) been trying to replace all the old optics with newer stuff and have a couple hundred SIG Romeo4M and 4T models issued out as well as a bunch of Aimpoint PRO and T1/T2 optics. The PRO did occasionally have issues with the mount not staying tight but Aimpoint replaced our mounts under warranty. I think to date I've seen one Romeo fail. It would not produce the center dot. Only the outer ring would illuminate. So the optic still would have worked in a pinch.

The newer EOTECH sights made after 2016 should be good to go and the optic seems to have been generally refined. With that said, I think I'd take a good look at the Romeo4T if I wanted a new red dot with a circle dot reticle. Nice size and weight. Good battery life and common T1 mount options. Price is usually just a bit under $400 from online retailers.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Testing of the MRO: https://youtu.be/d2vEWaXhGIY
    We have a handful of these in service. They seem to work well but most guys complain about the brightness adjustment. The optic needs more "steps" since one setting may be too dim while the next one up may be too bright. This seems to especially be true when running with night vision.

Site Supporter
    The irony of touting Chinese optics continues to amaze me. They stole the technology from the folks who developed it, used what is essentially slave labor to manufacture it and then purposely let a global pandemic loose on us, but we like it because it's cheap. SMH
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    The irony of touting Chinese optics continues to amaze me. They stole the technology from the folks who developed it, used what is essentially slave labor to manufacture it and then purposely let a global pandemic loose on us, but we like it because it's cheap. SMH
    Yeah this. Was thinking of grabbing a Holosun for a game gun. Now, no way. Matt Best needs to come out with a "F#%# China!" song.

Site Supporter
    I sold my EOTech (rev E 552/AA model) back when they were buying them back for 400ish. I bought and Aimpoint Pro and have not looked back.

OUTSIDE OF MY LANE-If they was a LPVO that was as rugged as the Aimpoint Pro at 600ish (v. 400 ish for the AP) that took readily avail, cheap batteries, I might/could be tempted to go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Stupid cheap compared to the alternatives. At the price I paid last night for another Crossfire, I can buy a little over five of those for one T-2. And that T-2 is the cheapest I can find it right now, but it doesn't even come with a mount. If I had shit tons of money then I wouldn't hesitate to only use gucci stuff, but that's not real life for most people. Even for the price of the PRO, I can get three Crossfires and have money left over. Plus I get a low and lower 1/3 mount, neither of which have the terrible form factor of the massive thumbscrew. Plus its smaller, lighter, and fills more roles like an offset RDS next to my Razor. I care about the factors you stated (though I don't necessarily believe the released COVID on purpose), but not so much that the math and money don't matter.

My Aimpoint PRO (personal, not duty) has been rock solid. The battery life isn't as long term as touted, but still a good, solid optic for someone like me that wants to slap it on, zero it, and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

OUTSIDE OF MY LANE-If they was a LPVO that was as rugged as the Aimpoint Pro at 600ish (v. 400 ish for the AP) that took readily avail, cheap batteries, I might/could be tempted to go that way.
    The Steiner P4XI gets good reviews. It takes a 2032 battery and is in use with Phoenix PD as well as others.

I don't have a bunch of experience with the P4 but it sure seems to check a bunch of boxes. Price being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The Steiner P4XI gets good reviews. It takes a 2032 battery and is in use with Phoenix PD as well as others.

I don't have a bunch of experience with the P4 but it sure seems to check a bunch of boxes. Price being one of them.

It'll cost a fair bit more than a PRO with the mount though, and I'd heard Steiner actually increased the price recently. I also doubt that it can match the durability of the PRO, but would agree that its probably the closest thing to meeting those guidelines. I liked mine and only sold it to get a Razor.

Also, keep in mind..going from an Eotech FOV to a micro RDS toilet paper roll FOV will be quite the adjustment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

User Tag List