Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EoTech Died/Need Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    Aimpoint M4s, any Micro Aimpoint, Pro, and budget Primary Arms https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...y-life-red-dot.
    Essentially!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EoTech Died/Need Recommendation

What model eotech and are they unwilling to fix it? I heard all sorts of horror stories about eotechs before I got one, but mine is been without any sort of issue for several years now.

I’ve also seen some BTDT guys recommending the holosun rifle optics, particularly if you want to maintain the donut of death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Matt O; 03-19-2020 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Loved my EoTech. It ate batteries like Scooby Snacks, but that holographic sight was very nice. Now I am looking for something more reliable, at least something I don't have to worry about the batteries being dead on a monthly basis.

What would you guys put on an AR-15 carbine? Aimpoint Pro perhaps?

Yes, I know there is a lot to read here about RDS, but I do not have the time to research at the moment. I am going to see what may be the top two or three recommendations and then start researching with those in mind.

Haven't been on PF with much frequency over the past year or so, but I still occasionally visit to see what is going on.
    Having at one time managed a “fleet”of 130 M 4s with EoTechs my recommendation would be an Aimpoint. As mentioned the pro is an excellent value.

How old is the EO Tech? Is it pre-2009/pre-new logo?

However I ask because whether you want to stick with EoTech or not, they do not repair pre-2009 Optics, however if you send back the nonfunctional optic they will let you buy any other EO Tech optic of your choice for half price.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I think I recall that reading this forum that returning a dead Eothingy to the mothership nets a decent discount on a new one....that said, I would use one of the competitors on a working gun. On a fun gun I would use the discount since I have a coule of old N battery Eos running around.

pat
    That was me. 2007 vintage 512 had the window de laminate.sent it back and bought a tan EXPS-3 for 1/2 price.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Having at one time managed a “fleet”of 130 M 4s with EoTechs my recommendation would be an Aimpoint. As mentioned the pro is an excellent value.

How old is the EO Tech? Is it pre-2009/pre-new logo?

However I ask because whether you want to stick with EoTech or not, they do not repair pre-2009 Optics, however if you send back the nonfunctional optic they will let you buy any other EO Tech optic of your choice for half price.
    Yeah but I've seen plenty of broken Aimpoints and plenty of old 512s that have gotten the shit beat out of them and still work - we currently have a few of each at work. There's little doubt that Aimpoint is more durable, but IMO the comparison between the two is similar to the AK being inaccurate and the AR being unreliable - some truth but a lot of BS. My HD gun wears an Aimpoint but it also has fixed BUIS because mine has died a few times. I don't think I'll ever buy another one, especially with how well all three of my Vortex Crossfires have been doing. Plus something with an etched reticle is always going to beat an RDS for ultimate SHTF optic IMO.

OP - you didn't mention the purpose of the AR. If its anything other than your number one HD gun, budget red dots have come along way in the last few years. PSA has a solid deal on the new Vortex Crossfires with their 50kish battery life for about $120 shipped. Its worth a look. Lots of people like the similar Sig and Holosun offerings but I prefer the company behind the Crossfire to those.
    Last edited by Wake27; 03-19-2020 at 10:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yeah but I've seen plenty of broken Aimpoints and plenty of old 512s that have gotten the shit beat out of them and still work - we currently have a few of each at work. There's little doubt that Aimpoint is more durable, but IMO the comparison between the two is similar to the AK being inaccurate and the AR being unreliable - some truth but a lot of BS. My HD gun wears an Aimpoint but it also has fixed BUIS because mine has died a few times. I don't think I'll ever buy another one, especially with how well all three of my Vortex Crossfires have been doing. Plus something with an etched reticle is always going to beat an RDS for ultimate SHTF optic IMO.

OP - you didn't mention the purpose of the AR. If its anything other than your number one HD gun, budget red dots have come along way in the last few years. PSA has a solid deal on the new Vortex Crossfires with their 50kish battery life for about $120 shipped. Its worth a look. Lots of people like the similar Sig and Holosun offerings but I prefer the company behind the Crossfire to those.
    Aimpoint break too but at a FAR lower rate than the old (pre 2009) EoTechs.

However I’ve yet to see a Aimpoint loose zero due to internal failures, or have the adjustments move backwards, or fail due to de lamination of the lenses. And I don’t need aluminum foil and crazy glue to keep my old (1999) Aimpoint going.

The Comp M /M2 had issues with the rheostat breaking but otherwise were GTG. The M4 is a tank. The pre 2009 552s were shit. The sideways battery models (XPS2) were better but we only had about 25 before transitioning to H1s.

I’ve been using RDS on carbines since 1991 (Ultra Dot in a weaver mount). Since then, based on hundreds of EoTechs, and hundreds of Aimpoint H1s, Aimpoint is the clear winner in durability and battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Aimpoint break too but at a FAR lower rate than the old (pre 2009) EoTechs.

However I’ve yet to see a Aimpoint loose zero due to internal failures, or have the adjustments move backwards, or fail due to de lamination of the lenses. And I don’t need aluminum foil and crazy glue to keep my old (1999) Aimpoint going.

The Comp M /M2 had issues with the rheostat breaking but otherwise were GTG. The M4 is a tank. The pre 2009 552s were shit. The sideways battery models (XPS2) were better but we only had about 25 before transitioning to H1s.

I’ve been using RDS on carbines since 1991 (Ultra Dot in a weaver mount). Since then, based on hundreds of EoTechs, and hundreds of Aimpoint H1s, Aimpoint is the clear winner in durability and battery life.
    I don't necessarily disagree which is why I said they're more durable, but I do think they're over-hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What model EOTech? And unless they fixed it, the MRO has pretty bad parallax.
    Testing of the MRO: https://youtu.be/d2vEWaXhGIY

We've had really good results with the Holosun 510
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Take a look at the Vortex Razor UH1 if you prefer the dot in circle aiming point.

I ran it side by side with an XP3 and liked it better. Has been totally reliable as well.

User Tag List