Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EoTech Died/Need Recommendation

EoTech Died/Need Recommendation

Loved my EoTech. It ate batteries like Scooby Snacks, but that holographic sight was very nice. Now I am looking for something more reliable, at least something I don't have to worry about the batteries being dead on a monthly basis.

What would you guys put on an AR-15 carbine? Aimpoint Pro perhaps?

Yes, I know there is a lot to read here about RDS, but I do not have the time to research at the moment. I am going to see what may be the top two or three recommendations and then start researching with those in mind.

Haven't been on PF with much frequency over the past year or so, but I still occasionally visit to see what is going on.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Loved my EoTech. It ate batteries like Scooby Snacks, but that holographic sight was very nice. Now I am looking for something more reliable, at least something I don't have to worry about the batteries being dead on a monthly basis.

What would you guys put on an AR-15 carbine? Aimpoint Pro perhaps?

Yes, I know there is a lot to read here about RDS, but I do not have the time to research at the moment. I am going to see what may be the top two or three recommendations and then start researching with those in mind.

Haven't been on PF with much frequency over the past year or so, but I still occasionally visit to see what is going on.
    Aimpoint PRO...I'm a bit biased, but I can go through the miseries of EOTech in vivid and personal detail. PM me on this if you decide to do that and before you spend your money.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I really like my Aimpoint Comp M5.

I've had a PRO and a T2 previously. I preferred the size/weight of the T2, but the brightness controls of the PRO. The Comp M5 combines the best of both.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    If you liked the reticle, the new MRO HD is probably a better option.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    If you liked the reticle, the new MRO HD is probably a better option.
    That is likely a nice sight, but at $650-700 it better be.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    I think I recall that reading this forum that returning a dead Eothingy to the mothership nets a decent discount on a new one....that said, I would use one of the competitors on a working gun. On a fun gun I would use the discount since I have a coule of old N battery Eos running around.

pat

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    That is likely a nice sight, but at $650-700 it better be.
    I own 3 MRO's, so you could say I'm a fan. If you like the 68 MOA circle on the HD, I'd say go for it. Having owned Eotechs, I don't see the plus side to the "ring of death". YMMV, it's (very likely) possible I'm not nearly good enough to have an opinion of any weight.

Trijicon MRO.
    Durable, long battery life and a field of view I like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What model EOTech? And unless they fixed it, the MRO has pretty bad parallax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much do want to spend.

Aimpoint M4s, any Micro Aimpoint, Pro, and budget Primary Arms https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...y-life-red-dot.

User Tag List