View Poll Results: How are you conducting work?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • No changes

43 27.74%
  • Partial changes (limited activites, partial telework)

37 23.87%
  • 100% telework

64 41.29%
  • Not working, still getting paid

5 3.23%
  • Not working, not getting paid

6 3.87%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Work and Covid-19

Tool and equipment service tech in a shop. We have to be there (kind of hard to repair a 1.5" pneumatic impact from home) but most of the non-tech types are at least partial WFH. The outside sales team has been told to stay away from the shop unless it's to drop off off or pick up customer tools. In that case that are to drop off/pick up and GTFO with no lollygagging and BSing. I'm going to push hard for that rule to become permanent. The public Will Call counter is closed, only FedEx/UPS/freight pick ups and deliveries allowed. I'm going to push for that to become permanent as well.

Wife is an executive assistant with a compromised immune system. She's been WFH until further notice since 12MAR and was told this evening someone in their multi-story building has tested positive. No idea if it's someone from her floor but the good news is they were last in the building 11MAR so hopefully she wasn't exposed.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Sysadmin for a bank. I was already telecommuting one day a week, and many of my coworkers telecommute 100%, so it's not that big a change.

Sales for a greentech/milaero supplier. We are permitting wfh and I am doing a little of that because of unrelated family illness, but mostly in the office. We were in the middle of insane growth and this could really jack us up; we’ve been hiring like mad for five months and I’m hoping like hell we don’t have to find reverse gear.

Trade shows cancelled or postponed, doing a lot of web meetings with customers and interviewees. Most customers haven’t registered a hit yet, our stuff kind of moves in bigger time periods, but the cruise guys are a little chary.
    Ignore Alien Orders

IT networking admin. I had been WFH 95% for the last 2 years with the go ahead to make it 100% until in Jan our glorious leadership decided WFH is bad and everyone had to start coming into the office, so for a month my second shift ass was sitting alone in a sea of empty cubes, cussing.

Now we are all WFH 100% until further notice. Thank you, China Flu. Now I just need to figure out how to do it after the flu has flown.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by gringop View Post
    IT networking admin. I had been WFH 95% for the last 2 years with the go ahead to make it 100% until in Jan our glorious leadership decided WFH is bad and everyone had to start coming into the office, so for a month my second shift ass was sitting alone in a sea of empty cubes, cussing.

Now we are all WFH 100% until further notice. Thank you, China Flu. Now I just need to figure out how to do it after the flu has flown.
    If you're the only one there in a sea of otherwise empty cubes, who would know or care if you just worked from home anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    If you're the only one there in a sea of otherwise empty cubes, who would know or care if you just worked from home anyway?
    The soulless access card readers, myself and everyone else in the video conferences I have to attend. Although it may be fun to experiment with backgrounds on the video software just for kicks. I'll see if I can find some generic interior shots of one of our totally different campuses.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by gringop View Post
    The soulless access card readers, myself and everyone else in the video conferences I have to attend. Although it may be fun to experiment with backgrounds on the video software just for kicks. I'll see if I can find some generic interior shots of one of our totally different campuses.
    Haha I bet if you get the video background right, you'll never have to worry about anything else. I can't imagine anyone actually audits access card readers in a detailed fashion unless there's evidence of a security breach or they're specifically searching for some sort of pattern.

Full time church music ministry. We have locked down the church and only about 5 staff folks are there at various times during the day. Still on salary, thanks God, and am moving everything to online for worship, encouragement, etc. Worst part is having to curtail and restrict/limit hospital visits, etc.

May not be the correct thread, and it may bring flames, but it is concerning how quickly we have seemingly acquiesced to government control over the parts of our lives that not only make us uniquely American, but also affect the very rights given by God, not by man.

Anyway, all my prayers to everyone who is being placed in jeapordy career wise and financially. Seek out your local church....there are many folks there who are driven to help.

Finance dork here. My company was previously 100% against working remotely. The Kung Flu has changed their mind, but probably only temporarily. I hope of all the changes we see from this, that more telecommuting is one of them. It's a no cost benefit to employers and it would really make parts of my life easier.

I am an engineer in remote sports TV production so with all the events being canceled I am home for at least a couple months. We had a big conference call today and we're told that salaries will be cut by 50% company wide, just for the month of April but I believe it will be much longer than expected. For the past 20 years I've spent the majority of my life in airports, hotels and crowds. I am seriously reconsidering if it's a good choice for me and my family.

User Tag List