Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what to do when you can't shoot at ranges or matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Got a 'grey' gun 642 for that.
    Hell we got nothing else to do, (corporate said not to stay logged into the network, as it is overloaded)
    so post a photo of your grey gun.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

Site Supporter
    Name:  grey guns.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  61.3 KB

'Harmless' set of practice items. Well, you can get bopped with them in class.

on a serious note...

and feel free to flame me as you'd like.

I just never dry fire cause that is boring ass shit.

Granted I'm surrounded by 1000's of acres of farmland and can step outside and plink anytime.. but if couldn't

well.... I'd say my own "quarantine deadliness" as it were would be kept more current with adding more pull ups, burpees and sprints than doing a thousand dry reps a day of draws or reloads.

So yea if you're of a reasonable proficiency, 2-4 weeks of no range time isnt' going to turn you into hamburger helper hands next time you grab a piece imo.

I make ammo and hunt and fish. My on season is usually more fall and winter here, the rest of the year is more labor intensive taking care of animals and mowing and fixing equipment that I need to keep going. I also spend a lot of time seeing how I can minimize any movement or energy that isn't needed. I look at drawing and shooting more like playing guitar or drums. If you watch people play very fast and technical, it looks like they are barely moving because they have eliminated any motion that isn't needed. I break down those movements individually into steps and keep repeating, just like playing guitar.

I'm sitting at home ordering stuff online to stimulate the economy.

And for some of you folks printing special targets for dry fire. Don't you have light switches. Said in a curmudgeonly way.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I'm sitting at home ordering stuff online to stimulate the economy.

And for some of you folks printing special targets for dry fire. Don't you have light switches. Said in a curmudgeonly way.
    I am a fan of post-it notes. Or 1” target pasters...
    Polite Professional

:sighs in gunless overseas location:
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Wow! I am counting on my range in Missoula staying open. Shooting is something we can do by ourselves.
    Randy

Site Supporter
    Dry practice can get pretty boring. I vary mine by using a timer to work on presentation speed and running to different corners in my house and pointing in. Use your imagination.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

User Tag List