Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Closest “home defense” shotgun to a Beretta A300

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Remington Tac-13 with a Mesa Tactical LEO adapter and an SB Tactical brace. Pretty close in manual of arms to the 1301 (I also have a 1301T) I just got it and haven't really put it through the paces as of yet, but it seems to check off all of the boxes you were looking for. I also added a rail to the receiver, but that is optional.

Attachment 50191
    Do you have an overall length for your Remington set up? The 1301 T is surprisingly compact for its barrel length.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    21" comp in stock

I know you said no ghost rings, but I just purchased one of these and it shipped same day. If she could live with ghost rings you'd get the 18.5" barrel and save a couple hundred bucks.
    I sure would prefer the $900 price, and the shorter barrel...

Are there aftermarket alternative sighting options to replace the ghost rings?

I can certainly ask her if she thinks the sights matter. If it wasn't for kungflu I'd just try and find a store with both and give her the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I sure would prefer the $900 price, and the shorter barrel...

Are there aftermarket alternative sighting options to replace the ghost rings?

I can certainly ask her if she thinks the sights matter. If it wasn't for kungflu I'd just try and find a store with both and give her the choice.
    Only thing I’m aware of would be the Rob Haught mod CROM from Aridus industries. That’s $125 and maybe not different enough to matter, so if you’re going to do that you may as well just buy the 21” gun with the bead.

33.5" as shown. 1301T next to it.

Name:  1FAC25AF-2D3C-4CC5-A894-667C277404BF_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  32.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do you have an overall length for your Remington set up? The 1301 T is surprisingly compact for its barrel length.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don't know what half that means, nor do i want to. cutting a barrel off with a hacksaw was a level of fiddle-fuck I was reluctantly willing to engage in to sage $900, but whatever it is you're talking about isn't a level of minutiae I even want to learn about haha.
    I think he was just referring to this:

https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/pr...release-shroud

The Gen2 comes with hardware that solves the problem. I don't totally remember the discussion, but I think it's basically the same as what @Tom_Jones was selling.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List