Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Powder shortage coming soon

I’m good with powder and toilet paper.

Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful.....
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

This is how it starts.
    A71593

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    This is how it starts.
    Not for me it doesn't. I refuse to participate in a bunch of fearful bullshit.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Pretty soon I'll be checking the shelves for the good deals on used guns, and ammo will be plentiful once more.
    Boy ain't that the truth. I always end up finding high quality guns that somebody bought during one panic or another, and got sold off, mostly unfired, for half the original purchase price after the market came back to earth.

Seems to be easy at the gun stores frequented by the high end shotgunners and well heeled "excursion hunters" who buy expensive handguns in a panic like this, then decide they really don't need them and trade them in on the newest Grulla, Perazzi, or Merkel just to get them out of the house.

Not for me it doesn't. I refuse to participate in a bunch of fearful bullshit.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Me neither...and I don't understand the logic.

Are people going to be pooping and shooting more during this pandemic compared to any other moment in time?
    A71593

If we hit 20% unemployment, the pawn shops will be turning people away trying to sell guns.

It'll be a buyers market.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    At my local gunsmith today to drop off Tikka 223 Varmint for threading - his counter was covered with every gun known to man. I asked "having a sale" and he stated that he was covered up today with clients who had been putting off getting guns fixed that were now in a near panic.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Pretty soon I'll be checking the shelves for the good deals on used guns, and ammo will be plentiful once more.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Boy ain't that the truth. I always end up finding high quality guns that somebody bought during one panic or another, and got sold off, mostly unfired, for half the original purchase price after the market came back to earth.

Seems to be easy at the gun stores frequented by the high end shotgunners and well heeled "excursion hunters" who buy expensive handguns in a panic like this, then decide they really don't need them and trade them in on the newest Grulla, Perazzi, or Merkel just to get them out of the house.
    I have a lower-end shotgun on consignment at the LGS. It looks black and scary, so I expect it will be gone soon.

I'm thinking the fall and 2021 will be a sad time of nice deals on classic older stuff. Lever guns and Wingmasters should come down in price, unless we get Biden and a D-Congress in there and they ban transfers of everything else.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    Me neither...and I don't understand the logic.

Are people going to be pooping and shooting more during this pandemic compared to any other moment in time?
    Right? Everyone’s buying up all the fmj training ammo. Meanwhile Gold Dot and HST are still available. Planning on going to the range a bunch while you’re working from home? Because otherwise they’re doing it wrong.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    If we hit 20% unemployment, the pawn shops will be turning people away trying to sell guns.

It'll be a buyers market.
    I wanted to "like" this, but having been unemployed for 2-1/2 years at one point in my life, I just can't.

User Tag List