Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Bad stuff happened today. I am finally going to do a custom gun with Ben Simonson at Boresight Solutions. Custom G43 frame with a 48 slide. Hoping for an epic deep concealment appendix pistol.
    I think Ben just posted some photos of your gun on his Instagram. Pretty slick looking.
    Name:  510D5032-22B0-4FD4-8E37-B2A315264783.jpg
Views: 1441
Size:  56.2 KB
    Name:  613B873E-9764-4291-BB5C-87A64BC7BE32.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  57.1 KB
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Darryl, was that my 48 slide?

No fair putting HK references in the Glock thread, as most HK guys wouldn’t be caught dead in a Glock thread.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    It is strange how the P2000 is just that gun that is what Erick Gelhaus and I used to call a “B+”. Never the high speed newest greatest neatest bestest thing, but one that you can always go to for “simply really good”. Sort of like the OD green of guns.

My P2000 had been my carry gun for 5 years exactly. I got the Glock 48, and I carried it for 1 month. But, unless I can solve the wrist pain issue, it's back to the HK.

The P2000 has been a great gun, though

Site Supporter
    Funny that you should mention the P2000; when I sold off my HKs the only ones I kept were the P2000s and P7s

I had the same wrist pain from a 43X and a 48. It got bad enough at the end that even dry fire would do it.

I switched back to regular Glocks and the pain is completely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Darryl, was that my 48 slide?

No fair putting HK references in the Glock thread, as most HK guys wouldn’t be caught dead in a Glock thread.
    No. Your old 48 is still at Havasu for California cross border trips. Yea, leave it to me to drop some HK red Kool Aid in a Glock thread.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I think Ben just posted some photos of your gun on his Instagram. Pretty slick looking.
    Name:  510D5032-22B0-4FD4-8E37-B2A315264783.jpg
Views: 1441
Size:  56.2 KB
    Name:  613B873E-9764-4291-BB5C-87A64BC7BE32.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  57.1 KB
    That is it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    My P2000 had been my carry gun for 5 years exactly. I got the Glock 48, and I carried it for 1 month. But, unless I can solve the wrist pain issue, it's back to the HK.

The P2000 has been a great gun, though
    Would a frame reshape work?

Quote Originally Posted by medic15al View Post
    Would a frame reshape work?
    I don't know. It may be a combination of the Glock grip angle AND the thinner frame. I had been planning to buy a Glock 45 before I started to have this issue.

Once all this virus stuff is over with, I plan to go rent the Glock 45 again and hold it a bit, and see how it makes my wrist feel. I honestly think it is a combo of the thinner grip AND the different angle that is causing me the problem. I might be fine with a doublestack Glock.

I have owned Glocks before, too, and this has never been an issue before. But, I am getting older

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    For the second I already use a Lone Wolf adapter, if I’m understanding you right.

How does this combination work?

I have a 19 MOS and I'm tempted to try out a gen 5 g26 frame. Ejection and balance ok?

Is it easy to remove the lone wolf adapter if you switch back to the 19 frame?

Thanks

User Tag List