Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You’d think a 26 frame with an extended 19 length dust cover would be a no-brainer for Glock... it’s just plastic. But, I wonder what the sales would actually be in the big world, not just to us nuts.
    It's Glock... With their mass appeal plus their marketing dept. they could sell a G42 frame w/ a G34 slide or a G17 frame with a G42 slide.
    That said, I want a 19 frame that accepts a 26 slide so I could build my own "integrally comped" G19. The new Cowen Edition G19 from Agency Arms comes close enough I guess but it's a $3K Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Maybe my phrasing was a bit off but I did remember seeing a website that wasn’t Dawson or Ameriglo plainly stating they didn’t recommend their 19/17 sights for the slimlines. The categories for a lot of shops like 10-8, Dawson, Ameriglo, Warren Tactical all have seperate sights for the 43X/48, I’ve even seen one say not to use a certain sight for anything but the 42. The whole thing is ambiguous but I’m going to go ahead and email 10-8 and Dawson to get insights from them.

I think it could be this. The rears of my Ameriglos are almost as wide as the slide itself so there would be overhang in some cases.

Omaha Outdoors is soon to release this 80% lower. It’s a lower compatible with P365 mags but accepts a Glock 43 slide.
    Attachment 51175
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B7pRRJaB...=1rbeb18f8gdii
    I'm more interested in that for the rail option. A 43x +TLR7 would make me very happy

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Maybe my phrasing was a bit off but I did remember seeing a website that wasn’t Dawson or Ameriglo plainly stating they didn’t recommend their 19/17 sights for the slimlines. The categories for a lot of shops like 10-8, Dawson, Ameriglo, Warren Tactical all have seperate sights for the 43X/48, I’ve even seen one say not to use a certain sight for anything but the 42. The whole thing is ambiguous but I’m going to go ahead and email 10-8 and Dawson to get insights from them.
    I hear ya. I wasn't sure maybe you were referring to front, rear, or Gen 5 or what.

FWIW, I have the exact same front sight (Ameriglo Orange 0.180") on both my Glock 19 Gen 5 and Glock 43X, both with OEM rear sights. They both shoot PoI=PoA with a cover dot hold with HST 147, AE 124, AE 115 out to 25 yards.

Interestingly, I did a comparison for my guns on the Dawson web site, for their offerings for carry sight sets, details below.. Curious they are different, but only by 0.010", front to rear.

Thanks for responding!

Dawson Precision Glock Gen5 G17/G19 Fixed Carry Sight Set - Details

Dawson Carry Tritium Fixed Rear .225 Tall x .125 Notch Width
    Dawson Tritium Front Sight .235 Tall x .125 Wide
    Easy to Install - Sight Punches, Allen Wrench and Instructions Included!
    Perfect Impact Policy Applies *See Details*

(DELTA IN FRONT TO REAR HEIGHT OF -0.010")

Dawson Precision Glock 43X Fixed Carry Sight Set - Details

Dawson Carry Fixed Rear .180 Tall x .125 Notch Width
    Dawson Fiber Optic and Black Front Sight .180 Tall x .105 Wide, Tritium .125 Wide
    Easy to Install - Sight Punches, Allen Wrench and Instructions Included!
    CNC Machined From Bar Stock to Exacting Specifications

(DELTA IN FRONT TO REAR HEIGHT OF 0.000")

Where is everyone having their black nitride or DLC done on the silver slides? What’s your experience and do you have pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    I trained with the G19 and G17 for many many years. This current year I had to dramatically experiment to find a pistol platform that reduced this very symptom. I have bad wrist pain and also some severe tennis elbow. I had concluded that the grip angle was at least partly to blame.

I can shoot a 1911 pattern gun with minimal symptoms. Not zero, but minimal.

I had to move away from the B92/PX4 for different reasons but still related to right arm pain.

You might check symptoms of "de quervain's" wrist pain.
    Somewhere on this board, within the last year, I've commented that Glocks seem to irritate my tendonitis.

Long story short, a TheraBand FlexBar solved all my issues with tendonitis, and as much as I hate to admit it (wife has been telling me for years), yoga has all but eliminated my lower back pain.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Somewhere on this board, within the last year, I've commented that Glocks seem to irritate my tendonitis.

Long story short, a TheraBand FlexBar solved all my issues with tendonitis, and as much as I hate to admit it (wife has been telling me for years), yoga has all but eliminated my lower back pain.
    I'll check that out.

As for yoga, I did it for a while in the 1990s. But after I messed up my knees, there is so much I can't do. Also have a hip problem. I don't wanna do it, just sitting in a chair. So, I gave it up long ago. I actually tried it AGAIN 1x about 10 years ago, and there was too much I could not do.

But, I'll check out that item you mentioned...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Bad stuff happened today. I am finally going to do a custom gun with Ben Simonson at Boresight Solutions. Custom G43 frame with a 48 slide. Hoping for an epic deep concealment appendix pistol.
    What bad stuff? How will this cool little gun address it?

Asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    What bad stuff? How will this cool little gun address it?

Asking for a friend...
    Joking that my OCD on building perfectly matched tools for jobs becomes self enabling. Not a bad event. Dress code requirements started this and as is typical I used it as an excuse to buy something wonderful.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I've gone back to my Hk P2000 for now. The grip on the HK doesn't hurt my wrist, but I plan to order the TheraBand FlexBar and see if that can help so I can keep the Glock

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I've gone back to my Hk P2000 for now. The grip on the HK doesn't hurt my wrist, but I plan to order the TheraBand FlexBar and see if that can help so I can keep the Glock
    It is strange how the P2000 is just that gun that is what Erick Gelhaus and I used to call a “B+”. Never the high speed newest greatest neatest bestest thing, but one that you can always go to for “simply really good”. Sort of like the OD green of guns.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List