Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post

You might check symptoms of "de quervain's" wrist pain.
    I read up on that. Not what I am getting. I am getting pain in my wrist, near the outside of the hand (on the little finger side). Right where the wrist and hand meet. Only on this gun. And, sometimes on the Shield, if I handle it AFTER holding the Glock 48. I think it may be caused by the thinner gun frame for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I read up on that. Not what I am getting. I am getting pain in my wrist, near the outside of the hand (on the little finger side). Right where the wrist and hand meet. Only on this gun. And, sometimes on the Shield, if I handle it AFTER holding the Glock 48. I think it may be caused by the thinner gun frame for me.
    I'm no doctor but, maybe something related to this: https://handcare.assh.org/Anatomy/De...ded-Wrist-Pain

For me, I ended up having a cyst right in between the Ulna, Radius, and Lunate bones. Irritating as hell, and when it flared up bad, it felt like my wrist was fractured. Still recovering from the surgery and don't have full range of motion, but getting there.

You know, now that I think about it, I think I experienced a little bit of similar pain after shooting my G48. I love the gun, the size, etc. Though, I'm finding a larger circumference grip tends to feel less fatiguing to me. In my case, and with this gun or Glocks in general, I think it makes sense why. Because of the grip angle, you generally have to cam your wrist downward more. I believe that means the Ulna, Lunate, and maybe a few other bones would be coming closer together.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I'm no doctor but, maybe something related to this: https://handcare.assh.org/Anatomy/De...ded-Wrist-Pain

For me, I ended up having a cyst right in between the Ulna, Radius, and Lunate bones. Irritating as hell, and when it flared up bad, it felt like my wrist was fractured. Still recovering from the surgery and don't have full range of motion, but getting there.

You know, now that I think about it, I think I experienced a little bit of similar pain after shooting my G48. I love the gun, the size, etc. Though, I'm finding a larger circumference grip tends to feel less fatiguing to me. In my case, and with this gun or Glocks in general, I think it makes sense why. Because of the grip angle, you generally have to cam your wrist downward more. I believe that means the Ulna, Lunate, and maybe a few other bones would be coming closer together.
    Interesting. I've never had this pain before until I got this gun. When I was near the end of the shooting time, loading the last couple of mags had my wrist hurting. I wondered why. But, as I hold the gun around the house and/or dry fire, I get irritation in that area of my wrist about 80% of the time. If I old the grip firm with my right hand, that is when it kicks in.

I really don't wanna get rid of the gun - but I may have to. Now would actually be a great time to sell - but I don't wanna be around someone else right now (with all this virus mess) in order to complete the sale.

I may shoot it at the range one more time before I make up my mind.

This whole thing is actually a bit irritating, because I love the gun. But, I don't want a carry gun I can't practice with....

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Interesting. I've never had this pain before until I got this gun. When I was near the end of the shooting time, loading the last couple of mags had my wrist hurting. I wondered why. But, as I hold the gun around the house and/or dry fire, I get irritation in that area of my wrist about 80% of the time. If I old the grip firm with my right hand, that is when it kicks in.

I really don't wanna get rid of the gun - but I may have to. Now would actually be a great time to sell - but I don't wanna be around someone else right now (with all this virus mess) in order to complete the sale.

I may shoot it at the range one more time before I make up my mind.

This whole thing is actually a bit irritating, because I love the gun. But, I don't want a carry gun I can't practice with....
    Didn't anyone tell ya! Your hands have to deform themselves into the Glock grip.

Think of it as "evolution"

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    In my hands it shot like a 43, and hid like a 19.

Interesting how different people can have such different experience.

I find it hides like a 43 and shoots like a 19

Good to have options.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

This is my Glock 48. Bwahahahaha!!!!
    Name:  E181CF01-10AB-4455-84B0-640D58734F8E.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  42.4 KB

The 48 has pretty much became my 365 days a year gun now that 15rd mags are available for them.

Replaced my G43 with a +2 for my summer gun and my G26 with a +2 for a winter gun. My 19 is still my work gun and if I need or eant something lighter I have a J frame or a LCP 2.

Congrats on the new 48!

Bad stuff happened today. I am finally going to do a custom gun with Ben Simonson at Boresight Solutions. Custom G43 frame with a 48 slide. Hoping for an epic deep concealment appendix pistol.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Is there any specific reason why it’s not recommended by manufacturers to use conventional Glock sights (19/17/22/23etc) for the slimline guns? I can’t find any fiber front, black rear suppressor sights specifically for 43X/48 that have a set screw.

I’ve had my GL-429 Ameriglos hit POA/POI at 10 yards but they barely clear the optic window and are useless for any type of speed shooting or most lighting conditions. I’m going to just try out different height Dawsons in the meantime.

User Tag List