Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

I have shot 100 rounds of 147 grain hst and 100 rounds of 147 grain gold dot through my glock 48, which is at 1500 rounds now. No issues with positive ejection. Going to have it milled soon and will put more 147 grain gold dot through it.

Mine has worked with everything I have tried so far.
    Stock blue label w 10 round mags and Ameriglo sights, no rail and no MOS cuts.
    Various 95-115 FMJ, some 115-147 JHP, including some +P.
    Not 200 rounds of any of the JHPs.
    If I limited myself to pistols that have passed 6-10K tests w WML, MOS, and +P ammo that would be a short list...
    What is on that list?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MichaelOrick; 12-20-2021 at 10:48 AM.

This thread convinced a female relative to go with a G48. She has it since November and has around 2000 rounds through it. Her first CCW and only has good things to say. She has shot with a G19/G26 and Shield a while so not really new to guns. Only struggling to find decent sights this side, plenty of sights for the bigger models. Has recently started playing with an Enigma setup .

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    This thread convinced a female relative to go with a G48. She has it since November and has around 2000 rounds through it. Her first CCW and only has good things to say. She has shot with a G19/G26 and Shield a while so not really new to guns. Only struggling to find decent sights this side, plenty of sights for the bigger models. Has recently started playing with an Enigma setup .
    FWIW I put a set of these on a G43 and they provided a great POI just over the front post POA.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/REAR-SI...ctinfo/933BSQ/

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-...info/892OT245/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My Carry G48

I’ve had mine for about six months and have a little over 1K rounds through it with outstanding performance…it’ll shoot anything but some of my crap reloads. I have 3 Shield mags that have worked well for me, and also four of the Glock factory mags. I still am fond of my Gen5 G19, but the 48 fits my hands so much better, and is thinner and more comfortable to carry.

The changes I’ve made to it: Ameriglo night sights, Holosun 407C, Agency trigger, Shield mag release and Talon grips. It didn’t start life as an MOS….had the slide milled by C-H. They did a great job on this one…on the next one I sent them….not so much.

Name:  D3AD6D50-307E-4F92-AD12-24E24D290522.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  100.1 KB

It’s been my EDC for several months and about 90% of the time AIWB in a Bravo Concealment or at 3 o’clock in a JMCK.

Name:  B8C5796F-728C-4274-B26F-72F7104703F2.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  100.1 KB

I would like to find some suppressor height sights for it…..anyone help me out with that?

Thanks,

George
    Last edited by walker2713; 01-26-2022 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Correction
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post

I would like to find some suppressor height sights for it…..anyone help me out with that?
    My G48+507k was milled by PM without the rear sight. I used the Holosun "ears" on the optic body and standard front sight. It shot to POA for me. Have you tried that yet?

If not, I'd suggest trawling through the Ameriglo Sight catalog for options...They have XL, 2XL, 3XL up to 9XL options, depending on deck height...

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  40.4 KB

There was a review by the well armed woman on the G48. This site is blocked in my country unfortunately. Anyone has a text version of that review. Another workplace colleague has started the decision process and she would prefer reviews written by a female.
    http://https://thewellarmedwoman.com...lock-48-tammy/

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    There was a review by the well armed woman on the G48. This site is blocked in my country unfortunately. Anyone has a text version of that review. Another workplace colleague has started the decision process and she would prefer reviews written by a female.
    http://https://thewellarmedwoman.com/gun-reviews-by-women/semi-automatic-gun-reviews/glock-semi-automatics/gun-reviews-by-women-glock-48-tammy/
    Check your PMs - I also fixed the link here.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOrick View Post
    Mine has worked with everything I have tried so far.
    Stock blue label w 10 round mags and Ameriglo sights, no rail and no MOS cuts.
    Various 95-115 FMJ, some 115-147 JHP, including some +P.
    Not 200 rounds of any of the JHPs.
    If I limited myself to pistols that have passed 6-10K tests w WML, MOS, and +P ammo that would be a short list...
    What is on that list?
    Less than 200 rounds is not a statistically significant sample.

slim line?

My agency has gotten the SIG P365/ P365X / P365XL to pass that standard with our duty load - 124 grain +p Gold Dot.

After multiple attempts the FBI finally got the G43 and G43X to pass a 6k round test with one of their two duty ammo types (Hornady 135 grain +p critical duty) but only with 10 round mags and no lights/ mag extensions etc.

It’s worth noting that as a result of those tests Glock has made some changes /improvements to the 43/43X/48 series including the breechface cut upgrade found on near Gen 5s. The FBI POWs must be newer gun incorporating those improvements.

In fairness, in my experience the SIG P365 series is not only superior to the slimline Glocks but also superior to SIG’s on Service size pistol, P320.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Less than 200 rounds is not a statistically significant sample.

slim line?

My agency has gotten the SIG P365/ P365X / P365XL to pass that standard with our duty load - 124 grain +p Gold Dot.

After multiple attempts the FBI finally got the G43 and G43X to pass a 6k round test with one of their two duty ammo types (Hornady 135 grain +p critical duty) but only with 10 round mags and no lights/ mag extensions etc.

It’s worth noting that as a result of those tests Glock has made some changes /improvements to the 43/43X/48 series including the breechface cut upgrade found on near Gen 5s. The FBI POWs must be newer gun incorporating those improvements.

In fairness, in my experience the SIG P365 series is not only superior to the slimline Glocks but also superior to SIG’s on Service size pistol, P320.

Wow, I need to try one...

User Tag List