Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    So, what are you going to replace it the 48 with?
    Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS, using my 2021 GSSF Pistol Purchase Coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS, using my 2021 GSSF Coupon.
    I hope you have better luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    I hope you have better luck!
    I hope so. I had 6,800 through my '17 G19 Gen 5 non-MOS before I sold it. I'm expecting it will just run, as per double stack Glock usual.

My case to the CFO for transitioning to yet another carry gun (this will be #14) was bolstered by showing how much ammo $ I was burning by "making sure this gun works". Anyway, enough from me, back to the Glock 48 discussion.

Between all the different 43/43x/48 threads, would this assessment be correct?

*43 and 43x with 100% OEM magazine are close to perfection with standard pressure 9mm. Adding an S15 and/or TLR6 may change this.

*The 43x MOS should follow the above stock. Adding an S15 mag + optic + TLR7 Sub and/or +P ammo may change this.

*The 48 failed FBI testing in both silver/black. Also, seems to be more feed issues with optics over the 43x which could be due to extra weight of the slide.

*The silver PVD 43x/48 both failed FBI testing. There was an internal improvement from silver to black 43x slide production that fixed a defect. Speculation of what Glock fixed since protected by NDA.

*If optics/WML/suppressors are musts, Gen5 legacy is better choice over slimline series.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post

*43 and 43x with 100% OEM magazine are close to perfection with standard pressure 9mm. Adding an S15 and/or TLR6 may change this.

*The 43x MOS should follow the above stock. Adding an S15 mag + optic + TLR7 Sub and/or +P ammo may change this.

*The 48 failed FBI testing in both silver/black. Also, seems to be more feed issues with optics over the 43x which could be due to extra weight of the slide.

*The silver PVD 43x/48 both failed FBI testing. There was an internal improvement from silver to black 43x slide production that fixed a defect. Speculation of what Glock fixed since protected by NDA.

*If optics/WML/suppressors are musts, Gen5 legacy is better choice over slimline series.
    48 wasn’t tested, to my knowledge.

43 and 43X failed multiple times. Glock worked with FBI to get the guns where they needed to be to pass.

FWIW, the 43/43X POW guns weren’t held to the same reliability standards as the duty gun (19M) during testing, and still failed multiple times.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post

No.

A “black slide” era 43/43x/48 in stock form with stick mags and ammo it likes has the best chance of working. Even then, it still not the equal of service sized Glocks.

It’s not just slide weight: slide travel, timing of the gun, spring rates of RSA vs mags etc all factor in. Nor was it a single defect or fix, defects and fixes plural.

All three slim line guns use the G43 RSA and this are all basically the same gun “under the hood.”

AFAIK the FBI never tested the 48, only the 43 and 43X. They tested the 43 and then the 43/43x multiple times before Glock made the changes needed to get them to pass.

The black slide 43x and 48, and 43’s produced after the release of the black slide 43X/48 should incorporate the changes resulting from the FBI tests.

The 48 (black slide) and 43x (black slide) did fail ICE testing and authorization of new G43s for duty use ceased after that testing.

AFAIK none of that testing involved optics, suppressors or shield arms mags.

The FBI G43/43x are only authorized with stock 6/10 round mags and WML are not authorized on the slim guns.

Mag extensions were tried for the 43 and none proved satisfactory.

I don’t know of any agency testing of the shield arms mags. Their effect on reliability, positive or negative is something you’ll have to establish for yourself.

G43 RSA guns in general work best with standard velocity ammo but the guns that passed FNI testing did so with +p 135 grain critical duty. Conversely those same guns do not work with +p 124 grain gold dot (which runs great in everything else.

TLDR; if you want to skip all this bullshit just get a Glock 26, or a SIG P365/365 XL. They just work,

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    48 wasn’t tested, to my knowledge.

43 and 43X failed multiple times. Glock worked with FBI to get the guns where they needed to be to pass.

FWIW, the 43/43X POW guns weren’t held to the same reliability standards as the duty gun (19M) during testing, and still failed multiple times.
    Yes. Supposedly 6k vs 10k for the service size guns.

I have a basically brand new 43X MOS with a Swamp Fox optic sitting in the safe. I am tempted to try a 2000 round test using 150 rounds of Gold Dot 115 JHP and the rest American Eagle 115 ball. Will be just a sample of one but it is what I feed my Glock slimline pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a basically brand new 43X MOS with a Swamp Fox optic sitting in the safe. I am tempted to try a 2000 round test using 150 rounds of Gold Dot 115 JHP and the rest American Eagle 115 ball. Will be just a sample of one but it is what I feed my Glock slimline pistols.
    Do you find that the 115 gr. weight boosts reliability in the Slimlines?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For God so loved P-F that he gave us GJM to do a 2000 round challenge in the midst of the ammo crisis.

User Tag List