Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

I have owned, and been issued, a poo pile of Glocks over the years. I have carried them on duty and off. 9's, 40's, big ones little ones, etc. I finally accepted the fact that I DON'T LIKE THEM. Now I only carry one if I am required to by an employer and don't own ANY.

I prefer metal hammer fired guns and, if I was going go polymer striker fired, I would carry my M&P 2.0 Compact or my P10c w/RMR.

HOWEVER, I saw that G48 and thought "wow, that looks just the right size for my 9yr old daughter". So I bought her one and she loves it. Crazy part is - so do I! I find the grip a little too slick and would either sticker or stipple it, if it was mine but otherwise I really like that little pistol. I would be happy carrying it and, like i said, I don't like Glocks.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JATA View Post
    I have owned, and been issued, a poo pile of Glocks over the years. I have carried them on duty and off. 9's, 40's, big ones little ones, etc. I finally accepted the fact that I DON'T LIKE THEM. Now I only carry one if I am required to by an employer and don't own ANY.

I prefer metal hammer fired guns and, if I was going go polymer striker fired, I would carry my M&P 2.0 Compact or my P10c w/RMR.

HOWEVER, I saw that G48 and thought "wow, that looks just the right size for my 9yr old daughter". So I bought her one and she loves it. Crazy part is - so do I! I find the grip a little too slick and would either sticker or stipple it, if it was mine but otherwise I really like that little pistol. I would be happy carrying it and, like i said, I don't like Glocks.
    I too haven't liked Glocks in several years until this gun came out.

Quote Originally Posted by JATA View Post

Agree with you on the grip. I’m waiting for the new Talon mixed granulate/rubber mix option to be available for my 43X.

PS

Props for the quote from Jefferson’s letter to Mazzei in 1797.

I was going to buy the G 43 i seen the G 48 and changed my mind and bought it.
    Name:  69357284_2387645401314188_6652200177320853504_n.jpg
Views: 1404
Size:  26.4 KB

There is something I have noticed about my Glock 48. Something about the different grip angle sometimes makes my wrist hurt. It hurts a bit after I shoot it, and now I notice I get the same pain in my right wrist if I hold it a while with my arms outstretched.

I have seen some old posts on various forums complaining about this issue - by various people. I'm not sure if its the grip angle and age, or the grip angle and the thinner grip. But, I've noticed it for a while, and it didn't click that it's only THIS gun causing it until yesterday. For now, I'm putting that Glock 45 purchase off because of this...

I have a couple and at some point will do a red dot with a spare slide. I use them for travel guns and work guns specifically because when I am working it is always in highly NPE places and travel to mag ban States. I shoot them well enough and I honestly think for most of America they are the most practical Glock. I like the recoil impulse better than the 43X. GJM likes the recoil impulse better on the 43X. We have a bit different shooting “Rythem” that makes both of us think we are faster with our favorite over the other. The timer says it is about the feels and not facts.
    Mine are reliable. They have minor modifications with nothing outrageous or weird.

I am developing some small gun curriculum and am picking up a 43 tomorrow for something a little smaller. Was going to do a 42, but I am so fat on 9mm Ammo that doing a flat mag 43 makes sense. We’ll see how it goes. I still prefer shooting and carrying my LTT PX4CC, BUT it is a daily fight to not grab a G48. I did a fairly popular write up on my Facebook page dealing with the 43X and 48 as a really good option for most concealed carriers.

I shoot high level Hackathorn Tests and can hold black on a B8 at 25. I haven’t been able to post pictures in quite awhile but can send picture proof to anyone via email if it is a concern.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    There is something I have noticed about my Glock 48. Something about the different grip angle sometimes makes my wrist hurt. It hurts a bit after I shoot it, and now I notice I get the same pain in my right wrist if I hold it a while with my arms outstretched.

I have seen some old posts on various forums complaining about this issue - by various people. I'm not sure if its the grip angle and age, or the grip angle and the thinner grip. But, I've noticed it for a while, and it didn't click that it's only THIS gun causing it until yesterday. For now, I'm putting that Glock 45 purchase off because of this...
    I trained with the G19 and G17 for many many years. This current year I had to dramatically experiment to find a pistol platform that reduced this very symptom. I have bad wrist pain and also some severe tennis elbow. I had concluded that the grip angle was at least partly to blame.

I can shoot a 1911 pattern gun with minimal symptoms. Not zero, but minimal.

I had to move away from the B92/PX4 for different reasons but still related to right arm pain.

You might check symptoms of "de quervain's" wrist pain.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    I trained with the G19 and G17 for many many years. This current year I had to dramatically experiment to find a pistol platform that reduced this very symptom. I have bad wrist pain and also some severe tennis elbow. I had concluded that the grip angle was at least partly to blame.

I can shoot a 1911 pattern gun with minimal symptoms. Not zero, but minimal.

I had to move away from the B92/PX4 for different reasons but still related to right arm pain.

You might check symptoms of "de quervain's" wrist pain.
    I will look into it. I kinda think it is a combination of the thinner grip and the Glock grip angle. If I grab any other doublestack, I am fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I still prefer shooting and carrying my LTT PX4CC, BUT it is a daily fight to not grab a G48.
    If you have time, I'd be interested in hearing what you think are the advantages and disadvantages of each.

Hammertime
    I had a 48. It is one of the few Glocks I have sold. I am still without regrets about the sale a year or so later actually.

In my hands it shot like a 43, and hid like a 19. I found no use for it that wasn't covered by a 19, 26 (magazine commonality), or 43 if I needed something truly small.

It felt wonderful in hand, was reliable, and was a 3 oz lighter ten round solution than a G26.

I think they are great guns for some people, but not me.

User Tag List