Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Got to the range with my wife yesterday to try out her new Glock 48. We had one malfunction, kind of a failure to eject, which I’m atrtributing to limp wristing since I was watching her shoot and saw the grip getting looser and looser until… malf. Shot a couple hundred rounds of the training ammo and a couple of mags of the self-defense ammo, and all good save that one issue.

She did really, really well. And she enjoyed it.

I did install a Tango Down slide stop because she just flat couldn’t get the stock one to drop the slide (and I had issues too). I find myself riding the slide stop when I shoot the gun so it didn’t lock back a time or two but now that I’ve sorted out what the problem is I think we’re good.

The failure to eject
    Attachment 72976. Attachment 72977

Training ammo
    Attachment 72978

Self-defense ammo
    Attachment 72979

I took this one just to show her just how much better she did than the guy in the next bay over. I’m just now realizing that the camera focused on her head not the targets, so trust me, she did way, way better.
    Attachment 72980
    Nice shooting!

Please report back on how the TD slide stop works out for her - I have a thumb issue that makes me do better with more leverage. I put the TD on my slimlines and did basic function shooting tests, but the current ammunition situation has precluded putting more than a few hundred rounds through each gun so equipped.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Nice shooting!

Please report back on how the TD slide stop works out for her - I have a thumb issue that makes me do better with more leverage. I put the TD on my slimlines and did basic function shooting tests, but the current ammunition situation has precluded putting more than a few hundred rounds through each gun so equipped.
    It will honestly be quite a while before we get to do much more testing. She will be road-tripping alone while dropping the kids off at camp which was what prompted this purchase and the quick function test and training session. Rather than buy ten-round mags for the G19, I bought her a ten-round gun, haha.

Even after she gets back in 4 weeks, our lives are so nuts these days, the weather is so goddamn hot and rainy, and the ranges are all rather inconvenient to get to (nothing within 45 min each way) that I doubt we’ll get much more range time.

What I AM hoping we get to is a Randy Cain Ladies Handgun class (well, “we” meaning “her” ) in November. I’ll probably send her to the class with both the G48 and one of my G19s (they are set up with the same sights and slide stop) as a backup. Currently the class conflicts with an RV get together she/we want(s) to attend so maybe some range time between now and then will help make the case for the class!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

At this point is there a preferred slimline between the 43x and 48? How about with a dot? Rmrcc good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    At this point is there a preferred slimline between the 43x and 48? How about with a dot? Rmrcc good to go?
    Can't speak to dots, because I have only limited experience with the 507k on my current 48, but my experience between the two was:

My Perception was the 43X would be lighter as well as smaller to conceal, thus a better choice for CCW. I proceeded to purchase a 43X and run it 600+ rounds, experimenting with OFM trigger group parts.

The Reality for me was the 43X was decidedly snappy, so much so I did not did not enjoy taking it to the range. Others with less recoil sensitivity do not seem to report this. In addition, the shorter length of the slide did not turn out to matter, as during this period I lost 30 lbs and started carrying in a G48 length holster anyway.

I sold the G43X for something else, then sold THAT for a G48.

The 48 is much softer shooting than the 43X. The longer sight radius with irons was better (not by much, of course) and the carry weight difference was negligible. The same RSA design being shared means the gun was ammo sensitive. Mine (with the optic) is not happy with GD 124+p, but is ok with HST 147. I accept that limitation given I get all the other things that come along with a Glock (reliability, SCD, ubiquity, simplicity, etc.) Obviously with an optic the case for longer sight radius falls off, but you do still get a longer barrel and more (perceived) comfort shooting.

I'm testing a couple of the new Gen 2 Shield S15 magazines in the 48 now; loaded 15+1 will prove a very potent little package if they prove reliable. Only a very scant 107 rounds in one range session so far.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I have both. It’s a tossup as to which I prefer.

If you want a RMRcc you’d do better to direct mill, the kinda-MOS on the slimlines isn’t friendly to that sight and would require a very high mount. I’m looking at Battleworx for direct milling a 43 if my Bullseye sight experiment doesn’t work out, or maybe even if it does.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I'm about to send my 2nd Glock 48 off to Jagerwerks for a direct mill for an RMRcc sometime next week most likely.

You guys have me wanting to buy a 48 again and rmr/507 it. I’m in a ban state. I had one and sold it for my 2.0. A guy can have both no?! Lol

So far, my Glock 48 has been reliable with standard pressure 124 gr. HST. It is the best carrying gun that I can get a full grip on that I have had up to this point when it comes to concealment. In the Enigma, I can wear it under a t-shirt. I feel that it conceals better than a G26 in AIWB. I prefer the frame size for weapon manipulation/reloading.

The rear site jobs me in the stomach/belly button something fierce though.

I was able to fondle a 48 43x and 45 yesterday. I had a 48 so I was familiar. Felt great again except the trigger was heavy. Mine was too. All three glocks I fondled had pretty much the same trigger. 43x felt lighter. Store owner repeated the “snappy” claim to me.
    The 45 felt great. I like the way it felt vs a 19 but I’m stuck with 10 rds here.

The 43x and 48 are a toss up for me too. Right now I’m doing everything with my 48. I’m going to start shooting a local IDPA match with it this month and see how that goes. Might even try steel challenge with it at some point. There’s a company that’s selling mag wells for them. I plan on picking one up. I don’t care what division I’m in I just want to see how hard I can push the 48 compared to a full-size gun.

I’m pretty much out of 45 caliber reloads so time to start shooting 9mm again. I’ve decided I have no good reason to use up all my factory ammo until the market starts to loosen up again.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List