Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I wish they would make the same gun (G48, which is single stack, but G19 sized) as a single stack G17. With a little longer grip, it could probably hold 12 rounds (2 more). For people with smaller hands, it would be fantastic. Or, make a single stack G34 sized gun. That would be awesome
    If they did this and used a redesigned, full length guide rod (instead of how they did it on the 48), I'll bet that gun would shoot great.

Site Supporter
    I wish they would make the same gun (G48, which is single stack, but G19 sized) as a single stack G17. With a little longer grip, it could probably hold 12 rounds (2 more). For people with smaller hands, it would be fantastic. Or, make a single stack G34 sized gun. That would be awesome
    Yes.

This would be great.

There isn’t much meat on the bone for glock but this concept could be a winner

I have bought so many guns over the years (3 digits worth), and didn't like them after I owned them.
    If you've bought over 100 guns and didn't like them after you owned them, there's something wrong with you, not the guns.

Now, it is in my carry rotation.
    http://pistol-training.com/archives/5586

Every time I pick it up, it just feels right in the hand...
    How a gun feels in your hand when not shooting it is irrelevant.

The gun is very accurate.
    Can you share some pics of your unsupported 25 yard B8s?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    If you've bought over 100 guns and didn't like them after you owned them, there's something wrong with you, not the guns.
    My, isn't your entire post just lovely today.

I sold many gun to buy the "next" gun I wanted - and this was over 25 years. Some I did not like. Some I sold to buy something else... Some I sold so I could take a few vacations - I paid for the trips by selling some guns. Lately, I've had a lot of medical issues, and I've had to sell some to pay bills.

With neck problems, I can no longer sit and shoot a rifle either. So, those are gone.

Sorry, I disagree. Instead of having several guns that just it in the safe, collecting dust most of the time... I now have most of my guns that I carry sometimes. Not all, but most. And, it can depend on how I am dressed on particular days - or I just feel like carrying a particular gun on a particular day.

Quoting you on that link:

It is, to me, the sign of a feeble mind.

I disagree. Just because you have that opinion doesn't make it so. But, I didn't start this thread to start an argument or disagreement. You seem to want to take a rather aggressive stance about this thread and my past comments about the G48 - so, that says more about you than me. Plus, in real life, you sound like someone I would not even want to be around. Everything you posted is arrogant and dismissive.

How a gun feels in your hand when not shooting it is irrelevant.
    Once again - arrogant comment. But, I disagree. I have had to sell many 45's over the years because they are too large for my hands. Only a 1911 works well for me in 45. Everything else usually has too big of a grip (in 45ACP). So, how it feels DOES matter

Can you share some pics of your unsupported 25 yard B8s?
    I don't shoot at 25 yards. My indoor range goes to 15 yrds. It is usually too damn hot to shoot outside in Texas.

I like my 48, but its become a safe queen as I tend to carry my 19's with optics instead of the iron sighted 48. Am contemplating sending the slide off to get machined for a Holosun 507K when they become available. Will make for a good summer carry gun I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I like my 48, but its become a safe queen as I tend to carry my 19's with optics instead of the iron sighted 48. Am contemplating sending the slide off to get machined for a Holosun 507K when they become available. Will make for a good summer carry gun I think.
    That's my plan as well, though I'm going with a 407K as well.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing this whole pandemic thing delayed the Holosun release by many months, if not longer. In the mean time, I'm really hoping for more subcompact RDS options from other manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    If they did this and used a redesigned, full length guide rod (instead of how they did it on the 48), I'll bet that gun would shoot great.
    I'm surprised no one has made an aftermarket slide with this feature yet.

I was one of those people who was calling for a single stack 19 sized Glock for years - in my case since the early 90s when the idea was preposterous.

I have a 48 that is shaking out well. I’m almost to the point where I would consider trusting it for carry. It’s just as comfortable IWB as my 43, has a few more rounds and is easier for me to shoot.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

And they'd sell, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    And they'd sell, too.
    Sho nuff

User Tag List