Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Site Supporter
    If you have access to blue label you can buy direct from Glock, BUT, the email I got said 180 days+. And you pay up front.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Wtf that’s insane.

Thank you CDF!

Actually the base price is probably more, the non MOS models were $1,350 to $1,500 just doing a quick scan.

I shot mine a bit more today.

It seems to do fine with 147 HST and is really an easy gun to shoot well for me.

I was thinking about the relative daintiness of this compared to G17 and it hit me.

It’s not the Glock answer to a 9mm 1911.

It’s the Glock that came back as a reincarnated Browning Hi Power.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I shot mine a bit more today.

It seems to do fine with 147 HST and is really an easy gun to shoot well for me.

I was thinking about the relative daintiness of this compared to G17 and it hit me.

It’s not the Glock answer to a 9mm 1911.

It’s the Glock that came back as a reincarnated Browning Hi Power.
    I have two g17s that I have plans for but my g48 is my go to right now. I keep contemplating selling my 17s for another g48 because I love it that much.

G48

Love the G48 great gun

I just got my Gen 3 G19 back from a slide cut with a Holosun installed.
    I’m totally blown away with the effectiveness of a pistol optic.
    I’ve never had a gun that was so easy to shoot.
    That and the compact olight pistol light has made this setup supplant the G48 as my favourite gun.
    Now that there’s a G48 MOS and pistol lights that will fit it coming I expect the G19 will be playing second fiddle again before 2021 is over.

Site Supporter

Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Actually the base price is probably more, the non MOS models were $1,350 to $1,500 just doing a quick scan.
    Well the context for that is they aren’t on the CA doj list. Our overlords have deemed the only pistols we are meant to have are basically Gen3 glocks, revolvers, and flintlocks. It’s a loophole that you can get a 48 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

As a side comment on magazine part numbers, all three of the ones I have are marked "47574". Clearly, I need more magazines than just 3, so as I purchase more in the next few months, I'll keep an eye on them, in particular, record the average feed lip width out of interest. If it malfunctions again, I sure will note the mag number I have marked on there in large silver Sharpie lol
    I just wanted to swing by with an update. I've had no more issues in feeding ammo with my G48, which is now up to 609 rounds of AE 115 and BB 124. I have not shot any more carry ammo, I would like to keep my arm and leg.

As to measuring magazine feed lips, I grabbed all the ones I've bought to date with the following data (not sure where Magazine R-2 is):

C-1 0.329"
    C-2 0.334"
    R-1 0.329"
    R-2 MIA
    R-3 0.330"
    R-4 0.331"
    R-5 0.330"
    R-6 0.329"
    R-7 0.332"
    R-8 0.332"
    R-9 0.332"

I generally load and shoot all of the "R" (=Range) mags in a single session, reloading occasionally if I am shooting more than 80-100 rounds. As say, no further misfeed issues with these mags, running American Eagle 115 or a box of Blazer Brass 124 FMJ. I've kinda decided the problem was using the 115 Speer Gold Dots, in the last round of the mag, but I don't want to blow any more carry ammo to confirm.

Still loving the gun. I've passed two of my three goals for 2021 already; greater than 95 points on The Test (10 rounds 10 yards in 10 seconds on a B8), and 10/10 on "Find Your Level" at 5 yards. Still working on besting 90 points on 25 yard slow fire; must do better with trigger control with the stock trigger in the G48.

2021 Metrics

TT: 98-4X (1/31/21) PASS
    25: 78-1x (1/18/21)
    FYL L1@5: 10/10 (1/21/21) PASS

Name:  IMG_8222.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  52.6 KB
    Last edited by RJ; 03-09-2021 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Tai Poh

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Well the context for that is they aren’t on the CA doj list. Our overlords have deemed the only pistols we are meant to have are basically Gen3 glocks, revolvers, and flintlocks. It’s a loophole that you can get a 48 at all.

I'm trying to get all the off-roster stuff I can afford before we are stuck with just older on-roster handguns.

Initially I had issues with gripping the 48 because of the smaller grip. As suggested, I added Talon grips to it and it fixed the issue. I now have a much better purchase on the pistol...and when I’m off it’s my carry pistol.

User Tag List