Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I absolutely love mine. I wish grip texture was more aggressive but otherwise I love it.
    YVK told me, privately, that he considers the 48 to be to little guns, what the Shadow 2 is to full size guns. (I guess that means the 43X is like a Shadow 1.)
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’m a big fan so far. If the S15 round magazines complete my vetting process (so far so good), it will replace my 92 Compact and EDC X9 for regular carry. While I prefer both DA/SA and SA + safety to striker for carry, the weight and size (thinness) advantage overcomes that.

If I had to pick one Glock to keep out of the 6 I own, it would be the 48.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    If I moved back to striker fired guns the 48 would be the one. This is even considering the fact I love the glock 19

Site Supporter
    I really like my 48. It’s thinness reminds me of a Colt lightweight commander. I have 10-8 sights on mine and carry it often

Its the gun I carry 95% of the time. Big enough to shoot like a gun, small enough to clip to a pair of boxer shorts if necessary.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    If I moved back to striker fired guns the 48 would be the one. This is even considering the fact I love the glock 19
    I picked up an APX in June 6-19. That kinda pushed me back to striker fired a little. I did not really carry the gun until the end of 2019, and even then, only occassionally.

Then, I got an M&P Shield again in Jan - $249, I could not pass that up.

But now, for this month, the Glock 48 has become my fulltime carry gun. That says a lot for someone only interested in DA/SA for the past decade.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I picked up an APX in June 6-19. That kinda pushed me back to striker fired a little. I did not really carry the gun until the end of 2019, and even then, only occassionally.

Then, I got an M&P Shield again in Jan - $249, I could not pass that up.

But now, for this month, the Glock 48 has become my fulltime carry gun. That says a lot for someone only interested in DA/SA for the past decade.
    There is a long thread here about the 48 being a game changer. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    There is a long thread here about the 48 being a game changer. Good stuff.
    I wish they would make the same gun (G48, which is single stack, but G19 sized) as a single stack G17. With a little longer grip, it could probably hold 12 rounds (2 more). For people with smaller hands, it would be fantastic. Or, make a single stack G34 sized gun. That would be awesome
    Last edited by Shipwreck; 03-19-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I wish they would make the same gun (G48, which is single stack, but G19 sized) as a single stack G17. With a little longer grip, it could probably hold 12 rounds (2 more). For people with smaller hands, it would be fantastic. Or, make a single stack G34 sized gun. That would be awesome
    I wish they would make the G48 in 40 S&W, but then I'm old and cranky. I'll go crawl back under my rock now.

Dave

User Tag List