Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Anyone snag a $219.97 G48 from Cabela's? None in North Carolina.
    As mentioned in P320 thread. Lucky to have sights and a trigger. Famous Cabela’s/Bass Pro “deals”.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Well, I think I figured out what is up with my G48 Black - the trigger bar is rubbing against the top of the slide. Take a look at the wear pattern, as seen here:

I might try calling up Glock about this but I am kind of pissed they did jack shit the first two times the gun went in. This is my backup gun anyway so I may just keep shooting it until the part wears in, or order another one to swap out.

Is the part out of spec, or is the frame?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Is the part out of spec, or is the frame?
    Honestly not sure I can tell. If I keep the trigger depressed and allow the slide to ride forward with a snapcap in the chamber/magazine, I can feel the firing pin safety and trigger bar catch, and the slie will not return to battery unless I let the trigger all the way out past rest.

The same hitch exists in my other g48 and a few other glocks, but to a much lesser extent. Yesterday this gun managed to get through 50 rounds (30 115gr brown bear, 20 124gr fiocchi) with only one FTRTB when shooting brown bear, so it feels like the parts are wearing in and this problem is improving.

Still not really acceptable but not sure what else to do at this point. My other G48 is fine and trustworthy so that will be the carry gun with the troublemaker serving as backup. Maybe over time the 2nd gun will wear in, but I am sort of annoyed that I am having to wonder about this with a brand new glock pistol.

My stock G48 has an SSVI Tyr shoe, Talon Pro Grips and a DSG holster on the way.
    Looks like I’ll have it ready to finally shoot soon I’ll be replacing the generic Trijicon sights with some Ameriglos and grabbing an SCD next. I can’t add it to my CCW until November so I should have it ready and hopefully more than one range trip by then.

I’ve been following this thread for some time now. About 3 months ago I bought a G43X and a G48. The 43X came with stick plastic sights so I installed Trijicon HD’s on it for my wife. She loves the 43X and the sights.

The 48 came with stock Glock night sights, which is fine with me as it’s what my eyes have become accustomed to over the years. I simply darken the rear tritiums with a red Sharpie for contrast. I purchased a Keepers Concealment Errand holster for this pistol, as I originally intended for it to be my go to the store real quick outfit, complete with a reload in a Desantis Mag Packer in the pocket.

The G48 shoots as expected. I initially had to slightly adjust my grip to accommodate the smaller grip to get the accuracy I expect from Glock. After running some drills and carrying it around for a few weeks I shot my agencies daytime pistol qualification and scored 100, which isn’t hard to do. Timed Headshots at 5 and 7 yards from concealment were on par with my G17 and G45. I like this setup.

I now carry this setup everywhere except work, which I now do part-time at my former agency and I’m required to carry the G17. The G48/Keepers Concealment Errand combo is now my EDC from cutting my grass with a push lawn-mower to quick trips to the store, to date days/nights with my wife.

I am teaching for the next few weeks and then I will be on the range with cadets (Lord help us). I will shoot some B8’s from 25 to see how well I can do.

Name:  2F5A70E1-4951-4BDD-AC49-B849527A8951.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  32.7 KB

Name:  BE304461-79B2-47B7-AC08-4EDC54120B7E.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  34.0 KB

Name:  86A73E3B-0E07-44B8-A8DF-2AC1AD9D4032.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  100.8 KB

Honestly not sure I can tell. If I keep the trigger depressed and allow the slide to ride forward with a snapcap in the chamber/magazine, I can feel the firing pin safety and trigger bar catch, and the slie will not return to battery unless I let the trigger all the way out past rest.

The same hitch exists in my other g48 and a few other glocks, but to a much lesser extent. Yesterday this gun managed to get through 50 rounds (30 115gr brown bear, 20 124gr fiocchi) with only one FTRTB when shooting brown bear, so it feels like the parts are wearing in and this problem is improving.

Still not really acceptable but not sure what else to do at this point. My other G48 is fine and trustworthy so that will be the carry gun with the troublemaker serving as backup. Maybe over time the 2nd gun will wear in, but I am sort of annoyed that I am having to wonder about this with a brand new glock pistol.
    Did this resolve? My 48 was having occasional FTRTBs but has smoothed out.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Neph, forgive me for the late comment, but would it be a possibility to swap the trigger and trigger bar between your two Glocks to see if the problem goes with the part? (or does not?)

Since you have two (identical?) guns, and parts swapping is fairly easy on a Glock, it might help to ID a potentially out-of-spec part if the issue happens with a different gun, but with the suspect trigger bar. Just an idea.

OTOH, since it went back to the mothership it seems odd you are still having issues with it.

(again, apologies if I missed a comment.)

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

FWIW, I have the exact same front sight (Ameriglo Orange 0.180") on both my Glock 19 Gen 5 and Glock 43X, both with OEM rear sights. They both shoot PoI=PoA with a cover dot hold with HST 147, AE 124, AE 115 out to 25 yards.
    Well after a brief dalliance with a Sig P365XL, I've gone ahead and asked my LGS to order me a Glock 48 with Ameriglos, SKU PA4850302AB. Are these 15 round Shield Arms mags good to go these days? I'd probably get the steel mag catch.

How do the stock Ameriglos shoot with Federal HST or GD 124+p in terms of POI=POA? What sort of hold do you guys use on the front sight (I put a 0.180" front on my G43X and a "dot" hold got me POI=POA at 25 yards.)

TIA.

Hope to add more to this thread in a couple weeks with a shooting report.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Neph, forgive me for the late comment, but would it be a possibility to swap the trigger and trigger bar between your two Glocks to see if the problem goes with the part? (or does not?)

Since you have two (identical?) guns, and parts swapping is fairly easy on a Glock, it might help to ID a potentially out-of-spec part if the issue happens with a different gun, but with the suspect trigger bar. Just an idea.

OTOH, since it went back to the mothership it seems odd you are still having issues with it.

(again, apologies if I missed a comment.)
    I could try that but haven't had the chance yet. The other "good twin" G48 is at about 850 rounds w/o a stoppage so I don't want to jinx it. Currently close enough to trustworthy for carry esp. given that a big chunk of those 850 rounds were JHPs. Don't want to mess with a good thing.

Haven't had the chnace to shoot the evil twin G48 yet but the problems seem to be progressively less frequent. First range trip I couldn't get through 2-3 rounds without a FTRTB. Next range trip I had one or two in maybe 100 rounds. Not that this acceptable, but it is an improvement. I still haven't shot it after its 2nd trip back to glock. Will let you know what happens when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    My stock G48 has an SSVI Tyr shoe, Talon Pro Grips and a DSG holster on the way.
    Looks like I’ll have it ready to finally shoot soon I’ll be replacing the generic Trijicon sights with some Ameriglos and grabbing an SCD next. I can’t add it to my CCW until November so I should have it ready and hopefully more than one range trip by then.

The Tyr trigger shoe and Talon grips are now installed with the DSG holster coming Monday, I like the way this is all coming together... Debating on cerakoting the slide black.

User Tag List