Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Wouldn’t that be a violation of Glock’s MAP policy? Not sure how all that works, but in my industry if you advertise certain products below minimum advertised price you can face penalties or loss of distributor account.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    So I shot my pair today. As a back story, one of them (G48 Black) has gone back to Glock twice because of failures to return to battery. Admittedly, I had not lubed the gun at all (oops), so today I lubed it up before I brought it. The other one (Silver) has been fine.

Put 350 rounds through the silver guy today, 50 through the black. I SUCK with this gun! Was barely on 8.5x11 paper at 25 yards. I struggled all day trying to figure out where to put my finger on the trigger in a way that I have not experienced with other Glocks, including my G43s. I was able to put rounds where I wanted them if I really focused, but something about the grip angle and the width really wasn't working for me.

Also, just like the last time I brought these out, I have a blister on the underside of my trigger finger which is kind of painful. Never had this problem with 19s/43s/etc before either. what gives? What "duty" grade triggers out there might be a more comfortable replacement?

Also had another FTRTB with the G48 black (115gr brown bear) , but the problem seems to be better. When I first took it out of the box, it choked on every other round of 147gr JHP. After lubing and shooting it some it shot 124gr Fiocchi just fine and did OK with brown bear too, which isn't exactly great ammo. Still not happy about it, though.

Pretty frustrated because I really want to like this gun. I will give them another a chance, but if it continues to be frustrating I may just sell them. Now would be a good time to do so, for sure,.

edit: in thinking about the blister, I think a lot of this might be from me using the pad of my finger to shoot vs. 1st knuckle. The size of the frame is such that my pad ends up naturally on the trigger face, so may need to try shifting my hand around a little.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 07-24-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    So I shot my pair today. As a back story, one of them (G48 Black) has gone back to Glock twice because of failures to return to battery. Admittedly, I had not lubed the gun at all (oops), so today I lubed it up before I brought it. The other one (Silver) has been fine.

Put 350 rounds through the silver guy today, 50 through the black. I SUCK with this gun! Was barely on 8.5x11 paper at 25 yards. I struggled all day trying to figure out where to put my finger on the trigger in a way that I have not experienced with other Glocks, including my G43s. I was able to put rounds where I wanted them if I really focused, but something about the grip angle and the width really wasn't working for me.

Also, just like the last time I brought these out, I have a blister on the underside of my trigger finger which is kind of painful. Never had this problem with 19s/43s/etc before either. what gives? What "duty" grade triggers out there might be a more comfortable replacement?

Also had another FTRTB with the G48 black (115gr brown bear) , but the problem seems to be better. When I first took it out of the box, it choked on every other round of 147gr JHP. After lubing and shooting it some it shot 124gr Fiocchi just fine and did OK with brown bear too, which isn't exactly great ammo. Still not happy about it, though.

Pretty frustrated because I really want to like this gun. I will give them another a chance, but if it continues to be frustrating I may just sell them. Now would be a good time to do so, for sure,.

edit: in thinking about the blister, I think a lot of this might be from me using the pad of my finger to shoot vs. 1st knuckle. The size of the frame is such that my pad ends up naturally on the trigger face, so may need to try shifting my hand around a little.
    Adding a Talon grip made me enjoy shooting the 48 much more.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Adding a Talon grip made me enjoy shooting the 48 much more.
    Concur 100%... I have found both of mine to be more than a bit squirmy until I got so gritty overlay oh them. I just used 3M skateboard tape but in the ballpark...

Already got Talons installed on my 48s. They seem to help some.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Already got Talons installed on my 48s. They seem to help some.
    I have some of the new Talon "Pro" grip tape coming soon to try. I've used the rubberized type last year.

I can speak to 43X experience and I laid off them last winter when I found the effect of cold hands made it a lot tougher to grip and shoot straight. And the perceived recoil was greater.

This year once the warm weather returned it has taken a long time to get back in the groove with them. At least a half dozen trips to the range. Standard frame G's are more forgiving for me. The slimlines take a little more "frequency" in my experience.

FWIW, I noticed some chewing on the trigger finger too this year getting back up to speed but I've history of ignoring such ie hammer bite from my BHPs, slide bite for years with most Glocks. Mine doesn't progress all the way to blister though.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I have some of the new Talon "Pro" grip tape coming soon to try. I've used the rubberized type last year.

I can speak to 43X experience and I laid off them last winter when I found the effect of cold hands made it a lot tougher to grip and shoot straight. And the perceived recoil was greater.

This year once the warm weather returned it has taken a long time to get back in the groove with them. At least a half dozen trips to the range. Standard frame G's are more forgiving for me. The slimlines take a little more "frequency" in my experience.

FWIW, I noticed some chewing on the trigger finger too this year getting back up to speed but I've history of ignoring such ie hammer bite from my BHPs, slide bite for years with most Glocks. Mine doesn't progress all the way to blister though.
    FWIW the Pro grip version is fricking awesome. They provide much more grip, best way to describe them is as if someone mixed a bit of sand with a bunch of finely ground up rubber bands. End result is soft cushioning surface but with a touch of grit. I love them and have them on both of the 43X's and 48's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    FWIW the Pro grip version is fricking awesome. They provide much more grip, best way to describe them is as if someone mixed a bit of sand with a bunch of finely ground up rubber bands. End result is soft cushioning surface but with a touch of grit. I love them and have them on both of the 43X's and 48's.
    Cool! Also, re some of our past conversations on these, I plan to give a 48 another shot one of these days. But I'm going to be patient and see if railed models show up later.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Cool! Also, re some of our past conversations on these, I plan to give a 48 another shot one of these days. But I'm going to be patient and see if railed models show up later.
    Yeah I've been meaning to PM you and finish those conversations. I've been slammed, not to mention pissed about recent events and have avoided interaction with others for fear of posting and saying shit I probably shouldn't. On topic I would give the 48's another shake but waiting for the railed version is a smart play. SF no doubt will have something to compliment it and I think after a bit of tinkering with comps I feel the G48 and 43X would do a touch better at speed with another couple of ounces up front. I will switch over to the railed versions if they make it to market here.

I would agree that the 43X is less forgiving than the full sized guns but for most people's purposes I don't think it will matter much. In terms of performance on a personal level recently the timer basically shows they're relatively equal after really working with them exclusively. I can work a B-8 at 25y slightly better with the 48 using irons but besides that and the way they carry those are the only discernible differences to me now. No difference in performance when I run the 43X vs. 48 with RDS though. Leads me to believe that it is mostly my eye sight and patience working the shot that is limiting performance. I shot a stock 48 at Est. Dom. Paradigm and shot well. I've also run it in one other class recently and the gun will hold it's own against some of the larger guns so long as it's not GJM behind them and I do my part. Absolute blistering speed isn't there because physics but that isn't their purpose and I'm pretty much done chasing draw times/split times so long as I can keep under 1.5 and .25-.35 respectively inside 15 to A zone. The G48/43X are really incredible guns, they are my it do all guns. I hope you're doing well JHC.
    Last edited by Mike C; 07-24-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Well, I think I figured out what is up with my G48 Black - the trigger bar is rubbing against the top of the slide. Take a look at the wear pattern, as seen here:

I might try calling up Glock about this but I am kind of pissed they did jack shit the first two times the gun went in. This is my backup gun anyway so I may just keep shooting it until the part wears in, or order another one to swap out.

User Tag List