Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    A few weeks ago I saw a video reviewer compare the G48 to a 1911 - which I thought was kinda interesting. I know zip about 1911s, and didn’t think much about it until I happened to be in a gun store with one of those wall of cabled-up ‘try me’ guns the other day. And there was a 1911 there.

Anyway, I hefted the 1911 and was surprised how thin and comfortable it felt. I couldn’t whip out my G48 to compare, but later I used a gun size comparison tool with a Ruger SR1911 to snag this image:

Attachment 64071

https://www.handgunhero.com/

Those of you familiar with 1911s, is this an accurate comparison? Does the Glock 48 feel / shoot like a 1911?
    Rich,

I've had three G48's. I bought one when they were released, thinking it would be the Glock-equivalent of a 9mm Lightweight Commander (probably my favorite gun). I do like the 48, but realistically, its biggest similarity to the 1911/Commander is the thinness.

Does anyone know if there's been any viable beavertail modifications available for this or the 43x? I want to like them, but I usually have to pay a blood toll to shoot one.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Does anyone know if there's been any viable beavertail modifications available for this or the 43x? I want to like them, but I usually have to pay a blood toll to shoot one.

I recently spent some time with the 48 and had the same issue. Three mags in and got some really nasty slide bite. It's a shame because the gun feels and shoots great.

Bites me too. Last time I didn’t bleed because I was trying to be super conscious of throwing my strong thumb over my support thumb. If I don’t, I bleed pretty quickly.

Considering selling mine along with a 19.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Bites me too. Last time I didn’t bleed because I was trying to be super conscious of throwing my strong thumb over my support thumb. If I don’t, I bleed pretty quickly.

Considering selling mine along with a 19.

I'm glad I was able to try out the 48 before buying as my local gunshop was holding one for me. It sucks that it does t work for me. Picking up a Gen5 26 instead. No slide bite and the Gen4 has been my favorite carry gun for years.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    The original 43 would cut me but for reason the 43x/48 doesn't.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

How do these guns hold up to moderate to high round counts?

They’re substantially less massive than a double stack.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

I'd have to go look, but there's no tests or videos I recall with like 000's of rounds being shot in a sitting.

Edit: I take that back. Here is a 1,000 round out of the box video. Cliffs: 1 Malfunction in a one-handed shooting drill in 1,000 rounds, shot in just over an hour. Gun was taken out of the box and shot without lubrication.

I have experience with two of these type: The G43X I had for 8.3 months and shot 608 rounds, no malfunctions. Sold it for a P365XL. The G48 I have now (I sold the P365XL for it) I've had for just under three months, 300 rounds, also with no issues of any kind. This is light shooting, no more than 75-100 rounds in a range session.
    Last edited by RJ; 12-05-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

I shot mine 350 rounds in a session and 1k without cleaning. Decent brass and hst 147 grain

I’m only at 700rds on mine. No issues though. I think my longest session with it was 250rds. Mix of HST and ball.

User Tag List