Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were getting into duty size 9mm Glocks today...

If you were getting into duty size 9mm Glocks today...

Even though I prefer and shoot other platforms better, I've decided having a couple of G19 or larger Glocks in the safe would be useful. Not quite HCM's "the realization Glocks are better" meme but more along the lines of parts and magazines for them are as ubiquitous as they are for AR and Ruger 10/22s or MK series pistols.

Primary use case would be shooting for fun and keeping myself familiar with them. EDC is not a consideration. I recently picked up a 19.4 but I'm not enamored with it. I need to handle a 19.5 to see if it's the grip length or the finger grooves that aren't working for me. That's gotten me to thinking about picking up a full size and a midsize or a pair of full size.

I'll start the questions with this: Gen3 or Gen5? With all the non-Glock Glock stuff out there based on the Gen3, the support base is massive. Or are the Gen5 improvements worth locking in to that ecosystem? Or is there enough small part interchangeability between the 3 and 5 that it doesn't matter?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Gen 5, if only because you can get an optics-ready model from the factory and not have to worry about milling or getting an aftermarket slide or whatever.

By this point in time basically every Glock accessory produced is made for Gen 5 first, then Gen3.

I have a G45 which is one of my favorites, far more so (until recently) than a G19, which I’d never really meshed with. What made the G45easier to shoot than a G19 was the longer grip, and that longer grip makes it more or less a no go during the work week or otherwise when wearing a tucked in shirt.

Along comes the LTT Grip Anchor, which for me at least (L/XL hands) makes the G19 feel and perform like a G45 while still being shorter. Absolutely brilliant product. In a world where everything’s a game changer, this really is. Cost? $28.

Name:  IMG_0531.jpeg
Views: 1608
Size:  30.0 KB

https://langdontactical.com/grip-anc...-the-glock-19/

Gen 5, out of the box best trigger and most accurate. No lack of accessories and new things like the GPT are gen 5 only.

I own lots of Gen 3 and 4s, my last duty gun was a Gen 4 22. Nothing wrong with them, they work darn well, but that said. The only Glocks I will buy now are Gen 5, the improvement is not earth shattering but there are improvements.

Site Supporter
    Gen5 is best. I currently own all gens. I sold some Gen3 and Gen4 pistols after the Gen5s were released, and it was definitely the right thing to do. My 19.5 practice gun has over 8,500 rounds through it, no malfunctions, and just one single brass to the face.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Gen 5, if only because you can get an optics-ready model from the factory and not have to worry about milling or getting an aftermarket slide or whatever.
    If you look around you can find a used Gen 3 and get it milled by a company like Maple Leaf for about the same price as a new Gen 5 MOS. I really dislike the MOS system so personally that is the direction I would go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If you look around you can find a used Gen 3 and get it milled by a company like Maple Leaf for about the same price as a new Gen 5 MOS. I really dislike the MOS system so personally that is the direction I would go.
    I bought a Gen5 and am going to have it milled. The Marksman barrel and better trigger make it worth the extra money over a Gen3 or Gen4.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    I bought a Gen5 and am going to have it milled. The Marksman barrel and better trigger make it worth the extra money over a Gen3 or Gen4.
    Or do that. The gen 3 guns just tend to be found cheaply more readily but there’s nothing wrong with gen 5 either

User Tag List