Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Plus, almost every Glock trigger I've owned (G19, G26, G43X, now G48) has a trigger safety set such that when fully depressed (i.e. disengaged) it is STILL proud of the surface of the shoe itself. Which digs into my delicate, office boy trigger finger no end.
    I don't doubt that mine is an unpopular opinion, but I use the still protruding bit of the tab's surface as a continual reference point for trigger finger placement as I'm taking my shots.

I've found the Glock to be more sensitive to trigger finger placement and focus on direct rearward pull than other pistols, for whatever reason, and this helps me. I had thought before about shaving flush for comfort, but eventually decided against that for this reason. Curiously, I still prefer the smooth trigger over the serrated, though it doesn't bother me much either way.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Sure wish I could find at least a non-serrated slimline OEM-like trigger and trigger bar, but I suspect eventually I'll spring for another aftermarket trigger (yet again). Maybe I'll try Apex this time. :|
    Since I've not really been shooting all that long a time period, it irked me enough to go try and discover why I could not find an OEM smooth trigger for my new G48. I am sure this isn't news to many here, but it was to me. Apparently a "target trigger" is worth 2 points in the "Import" criteria for handguns. As such, Glock needs that trigger in order to import the gun (Austria) into the US. As to whether or why Glock doesn't seem to make a smoothface slimline trigger and trigger bar part available for aftermarket sale, through e.g. Brownell's, I'm not sure (or at least as far as my clumsy search skills allow). I'll shoot it like it is for now, but will likely order another replacement serrated trigger and trigger bar and go to work with my dremel to smooth it out. If that doesn't work, I'll probably spring for an Apex.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/1999...ation-criteria
    Last edited by RJ; 09-19-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Site Supporter
    Since I've not really been shooting all that long a time period, it irked me enough to go try and discover why I could not find an OEM smooth trigger for my new G48. I am sure this isn't news to many here, but it was to me. Apparently a "target trigger" is worth 2 points in the "Import" criteria for handguns. As such, Glock needs that trigger in order to import the gun (Austria) into the US. As to whether or why Glock doesn't seem to make a smoothface slimline trigger and trigger bar part available for aftermarket sale, through e.g. Brownell's, I'm not sure (or at least as far as my clumsy search skills allow). I'll shoot it like it is for now, but will likely order another replacement serrated trigger and trigger bar and go to work with my dremel to smooth it out. If that doesn't work, I'll probably spring for an Apex.

Rich,

My Blue Label G48 has a very nice trigger for a Glock, and I would hate to trade reliability for a better trigger. While I prefer the smooth trigger, I think most of the issues with the serrated trigger can be solved with “Suck it up, Buttercup.”

So far after two range sessions, I find the G48 trigger to be predictable and acceptable for a Glock. The ejection makes brass pick up just as easy as my HK’s. While not as shootable as a 17, 45, or 19, this thing is no slouch on the range for its slimness. If someone needs a more concealable gun, or is limited to 10 rounds, the G48 is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Rich,

My Blue Label G48 has a very nice trigger for a Glock, and I would hate to trade reliability for a better trigger. While I prefer the smooth trigger, I think most of the issues with the serrated trigger can be solved with “Suck it up, Buttercup.”

So far after two range sessions, I find the G48 trigger to be predictable and acceptable for a Glock. The ejection makes brass pick up just as easy as my HK’s. While not as shootable as a 17, 45, or 19, this thing is no slouch on the range for its slimness. If someone needs a more concealable gun, or is limited to 10 rounds, the G48 is the answer.
    Good to hear. Yep, it's probably an individual thing on the trigger, likely influenced by trigger finger position (pad vs. distal phalange) and hand size (M glove / stubby fingers here).

I will likely try to smooth out the dingus of a stock trigger a bit; I think that's the source of 90% of my issue with the normal OEM shoe. I found that to be so with my early '17 production G19; from what I recall (it's been through a bunch of trigger options as I put myself through my YouTube Glock Armorer's Course ) I ended up sanding the OEM dingus slightly. At least such that it was still operable and functional as a safety, just wasn't sticking out so much. I am picking up what you are putting down about reliability on a carry gun; solid copy on that.

I've yet to shoot the dang thing though lol. But I have literally the patience of a single-cell organism, so am constantly thinking about how to change things heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Rich,

With just a shoe replacement from a reputable company installed correctly, I don’t see how it can affect reliability.
    “Suck it up buttercup” is absolute nonsense to deal with a trigger that can irritate your finger to the point you don’t want to shoot it anymore after a short range trip. If I can shoot 500-700 rounds a day during a class without it happening with my other Glocks than why should I tolerate a trigger that will give me a blister?

@RJ I usually clean up all my Glock trigger tabs a little bit. Especially at the very tip. I use one of those little metal finger nail files and work it over until it feels right.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

First time shooting the G48 today. Nothing, really to note, maybe a question at the end. Got through 80 rounds; 60 of Federal Premium AE 115 and 20 rounds of HST 147. Windage out of the box was fine, my groups were also more or less centered up and down, perhaps a tad low. I only shot The Test twice; but got a decent for me 91-4X the second go round. Gun feels nicely balanced when loaded. I did not notice much difference in perceived recoil between the AE and the HST; albeit I had stuck in a Tungsten Guide Rod I'd left over from my G43X. I like it a lot.

Question: Do ya'll see the trigger breaking higher than Glock's advertised 24N/5.4 lb? I don't have a trigger gauge, just seems to me a little higher than I expect, relative to other Glocks ( G43X, G26, G19) I've owned. No deal breaker, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    @RJ I usually clean up all my Glock trigger tabs a little bit. Especially at the very tip. I use one of those little metal finger nail files and work it over until it feels right.
    Thanks; I did that before today's range session with a little (very very little) sanding. I did not have any "trigger bite" today at all.

It's not hard to change out just the trigger shoe. I ordered a Glock 17 trigger bar assembly and took the shoe off of it an replaced the one in the Glock 48. Even though the gun is slimmer, the trigger shoe is the same size as a regular Glock. There are lots of Youtube videos that show you how to remove the blind pin and put it back in. It's a 10 minute job.
    Name:  20200315_124731 (1).jpg
Views: 630
Size:  86.5 KB

Question: Do ya'll see the trigger breaking higher than Glock's advertised 24N/5.4 lb? I don't have a trigger gauge, just seems to me a little higher than I expect, relative to other Glocks ( G43X, G26, G19) I've owned. No deal breaker, just curious.
    I can’t help with a trigger gauge but it feels heavier to me. I bought dad a 43x a while back and he made the same comment. The thing is, for me, it doesn’t seem to matter. I really like the solid wall and clean break. In the past I’ve chased a rolling break in Glocks. Now I’m in the opposite boat. I would love to get the exact same trigger in a full size Glock.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List