Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Picked up my (wife’s) 48 yesterday. Pretty neat little gun. It’s a gift for her so it’ll be a minute before we can shoot it. Have some Ameriglo... Spartan maybe? Sights arriving tomorrow.

I bought one IWB holster for it on a whim from JM, but it occurs to me that she may need or want something different in the short term.

I was thinking about picking up a JM RC OWB with the Tek Lok and then sourcing a Blade Tech DOH bracket from somewhere else as in the past I’ve found women seem to be higher waisted and appreciate the DOH.

Any other, better, options for this application?

I’m hoping to get her into a Randy Cain Ladies class in November.

Without reading back through the whole thread, my inclination is to leave it “stock” save the sights. Is that a good or bad idea in this case?

Also, the Shield mags seem to be hit or miss, so I was planning on picking up three more factory mags and one Shield (because I can’t not touch the wet paint). I think that should be good for the class and any other future needs. Thoughts?
    IMO a 48 with sights and a SCD but otherwise stock is a perfectly serviceable pistol.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    IMO a 48 with sights and a SCD but otherwise stock is a perfectly serviceable pistol.
    What he said.

(With the possible addition of your favorite grip treatment. I am liking the Talon rubber on mine; it is starting to grow on me. I think the grip is a little slickery.)

I’m continuing to look at ways to distinguish the 48 from the double stack 9mm guns in the house and cars and holsters...

I’m buying the kydex supplies for this gun in Grey, and the holsters and mag pouches for the double stack guns are all already black or tan.

I’m not too worried about making the gun itself look drastically different, but I would like a way to distinguish the mags.

Right now my plan is to just paint the floorplates grey, but that got me thinking “if I’m going to take them off to paint, is there a *better* product to replace them with?” In other words, if my option is between
    A) remove, paint, wait to dry, reinstall (or even if I just mask and paint, there’s still dry time involved)
    Vs
    B) remove, install new, done

I’d already prefer B, particularly if there’s a product that’s also *better*.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I’m continuing to look at ways to distinguish the 48 from the double stack 9mm guns in the house and cars and holsters...

I’m buying the kydex supplies for this gun in Grey, and the holsters and mag pouches for the double stack guns are all already black or tan.

I’m not too worried about making the gun itself look drastically different, but I would like a way to distinguish the mags.

Right now my plan is to just paint the floorplates grey, but that got me thinking “if I’m going to take them off to paint, is there a *better* product to replace them with?” In other words, if my option is between
    A) remove, paint, wait to dry, reinstall (or even if I just mask and paint, there’s still dry time involved)
    Vs
    B) remove, install new, done

I’d already prefer B, particularly if there’s a product that’s also *better*.
    Silver sharpie or paint pen.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Silver sharpie or paint pen.
    I’m looking to do a little more than just “mark” them. I’ve used sharpies and paint pens for years to write numbers on them.

I’d like to color the entire floor plate. And scribbling on the entire thing with a paint pen isn’t going to fly with her.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I’m looking to do a little more than just “mark” them. I’ve used sharpies and paint pens for years to write numbers on them.

I’d like to color the entire floor plate. And scribbling on the entire thing with a paint pen isn’t going to fly with her.
    These are +0, aluminum, $14.95, and come in gray:

https://hyve-technologies.com/produc...the-glock-43x/

Might be an idea if it’s a cosmetic thing (and I get that). I can’t imagine painting or coating a black OEM basepad being very attractive.

I’d try that Krylon for plastics and see how it works.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    These are +0, aluminum, $14.95, and come in gray:

https://hyve-technologies.com/produc...the-glock-43x/

Might be an idea if it’s a cosmetic thing (and I get that). I can’t imagine painting or coating a black OEM basepad being very attractive.
    I came across those googling. That’s my current plan, but pricier than I’d hoped. Tangodown makes base pads for the double stacks in colors but the pads for the 43x/48 appear to only come in black. It’s a shame because they come to like $5/ea

The Krylon that HD mentions below is a good option I’ve had success with in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Oof. Was hoping not to double the cost of the magazine!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’d try that Krylon for plastics and see how it works.
    That’s the current plan. But I’d like to find something less... paint-y.

Got to the range with my wife yesterday to try out her new Glock 48. We had one malfunction, kind of a failure to eject, which I’m atrtributing to limp wristing since I was watching her shoot and saw the grip getting looser and looser until… malf. Shot a couple hundred rounds of the training ammo and a couple of mags of the self-defense ammo, and all good save that one issue.

She did really, really well. And she enjoyed it.

I did install a Tango Down slide stop because she just flat couldn’t get the stock one to drop the slide (and I had issues too). I find myself riding the slide stop when I shoot the gun so it didn’t lock back a time or two but now that I’ve sorted out what the problem is I think we’re good.

The failure to eject
    Name:  D340E6EA-D29A-414B-8D99-17EC796CE8DA.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  31.1 KB. Name:  0714CC6A-7CC2-458D-B956-A7D79888ABBB.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  34.8 KB

Training ammo
    Name:  2AE34046-4B6F-47C0-9226-63897DB4EE54.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  74.9 KB

Self-defense ammo
    Name:  B1AA9EF9-F900-4230-93B3-E1F89EBC2492.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  38.3 KB

I took this one just to show her just how much better she did than the guy in the next bay over. I’m just now realizing that the camera focused on her head not the targets, so trust me, she did way, way better.
    Name:  A3F2D056-F8AD-4CC4-A170-41425AF9EEC0.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  60.3 KB

User Tag List