Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Site Supporter
    Rich, I think you’re probably right: you need to shoot it more.

Just had it Cerakoted in Armor Black last night, SSVI Tyr trigger shoe Talon Grip Pro texture and Darkstar Gear holster so far... Ameriglo sights and SCD next, I hope to hit the range and qualify soon.
    Name:  133998EF-D397-4EE3-9861-8CD2FDD7BF69.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  81.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Just had it Cerakoted in Armor Black last night, SSVI Tyr trigger shoe Talon Grip Pro texture and Darkstar Gear holster so far... Ameriglo sights and SCD next, I hope to hit the range and qualify soon.
    That’s what I would do with a 48 if I could find one. My 43 is set up the same (sans cerakote).

ETA: I did hit the outer heel portion of the pro grip with some ultra fine sandpaper to reduce clothing snag. Dry fit clothing clings to it pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    That’s what I would do with a 48 if I could find one. My 43 is set up the same (sans cerakote).

ETA: I did hit the outer heel portion of the pro grip with some ultra fine sandpaper to reduce clothing snag. Dry fit clothing clings to it pretty easily.

As soon as it’s on my CCW than I’ll start carrying it around the office to see how the Pro grip actually carries. Hell I guess I can try that now to see if I need to make adjustments or if the grip needs to come off from snagging on my shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Just did a 10 pull average on a NIB G48 and it was 5# 8oz. near the bottom of the trigger which is what I average at this point with most Glocks.
    They all average more when trying to measure in the center of the trigger.
    Thanks, much obliged.

I was curious enough yesterday to actually "weigh" my G48 trigger using a rube-Goldberg contraption involving a clamp, a length of paracord and a plastic gallon jug. Completely unscientific, but using this lash-up I estimate the trigger press between 5.5 and 6 pounds, which is completely in spec from published data. My well broken in G19 feels lighter than that, but I'm thinking with 6,500+ rounds, that would make sense. I am going to snag one of those $25 Wheeler trigger pull gauges from Brownell's next chance I get, and yes, @Duelist, shoot it more.

Just had it Cerakoted in Armor Black last night, SSVI Tyr trigger shoe Talon Grip Pro texture and Darkstar Gear holster so far... Ameriglo sights and SCD next...
    Looks great.

Could you post up the POI/POA for the Ameriglo's once you get them on? I'm curious what sight heights folks are using.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Looks great.

Could you post up the POI/POA for the Ameriglo's once you get them on? I'm curious what sight heights folks are using.
    I went with the 43 Hackathorns from Amazon. For me they’re dead on at 25 Yrd using the “split the target” method. At 5 yards they’re closer to the lollipop sight picture. Overall, very happy with the sights other than my preference for a U-notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    I went with the 43 Hackathorns from Amazon. For me they’re dead on at 25 Yrd using the “split the target” method. At 5 yards they’re closer to the lollipop sight picture. Overall, very happy with the sights other than my preference for a U-notch.

Thanks. Is that the GL-436 set?

https://www.amazon.com/AmeriGlo-GL-4...g-goods&sr=1-1

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Yes

Man, that looks super sweet

User Tag List