Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I can shoot a 48 slow fire better than a 17

I’m very confident right now.
    The 48 and 43X are at least as accurate as a 17/19/45 in my hands, including at speed; all they give up is mag capacity. I too am very confident with them.

A few months ago I shot one of my best, if not my best-ever run of "the test" with a 43X.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Heres a few pics of my G48 compared to a CCO type 1911. In this case a SIG RCS in .45 Auto.
    The CCO is a 1911 that has a commander length slide (4.25" barrel) and an officers length frame (one less round). The RCS comes shipped with a 7rd flush fit magazine which is pretty amazing considering the shorter grip.
    The 2 guns compare very similarly in size and comfort. The RCS has an alloy frame and is fairly light but obviously heavier then the G48.
    The 1911 slide is almost exactly the same length as the Glock 48 but the beavertail does make the gun a bit longer, this doesnt seem to effect its concealability or comfort.
    The guns are almost identical in height (IMHO the key factor for concealability) at 4.9" each to the tip of the magazine. (discounting the rear sight)
    The slides are very similar widths at 0.87" for the Glock and 0.92" for the 1911.
    The width across the grips are also quite similar, at 1.02" for the Glock and 1.09" for the 1911. Note I do have aftermarket thin grips on the RCS, the factory grips are quite a bit thicker.

The 2 guns carry very similarly in terms of printing. With a good AIWB holster with wedge they are both perfect carry guns and offer a full length grip while still being slender and comfortable. The G48 shoots almost as well as the full size G17 in my hands however the RCS has an alloy frame and is quite a bit lighter so the .45 recoil definitely makes me quite a bit slower then a full size steel frame 1911. This gives the edge to the G48 in terms of my ability to shoot fast and makes it my preferred gun for CCW LARPing (Canada arghhh).

Name:  g48 1.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  61.7 KBName:  G48 3.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  47.3 KBName:  G48 4.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  78.8 KB
    Last edited by diananike; 12-09-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Anyone know where there’s a 48 MOS available? Online dealer. I keep wrestling with selling my 19. Posting it and pulling it down. If I can find a 48 mos it’d be ideal for NY. One carry. One dotted with the new Surefire light (eventually) for home. Share all mags.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Anyone know where there’s a 48 MOS available? Online dealer. I keep wrestling with selling my 19. Posting it and pulling it down. If I can find a 48 mos it’d be ideal for NY. One carry. One dotted with the new Surefire light (eventually) for home. Share all mags.
    You might try to get on the list at GT Distributors. They sell Blue Label and GSSF. Or Gunbroker search mebbe; that's how I found my G34 MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    Here's a few pics of my G48 compared to a CCO type 1911...
    Thanks for this post, it was very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    You might try to get on the list at GT Distributors. They sell Blue Label and GSSF. Or Gunbroker search mebbe; that's how I found my G34 MOS.
    Civilian. Gunbroker is like $700 and up. Thanks though. I’ll just have to wait or go regular no mos.

Civilian. Gunbroker is like $700 and up. Thanks though. I’ll just have to wait or go regular no mos.
    GT does regular civilian sales as well. But yeah prices are nuts. I am friends with the manager of a local mom and pop gun store next county down. She knew I was looking for a G48 regular in September and when one came in, put it aside for me; paid a bit under MSRP, since I had a trade-in as well (P365XL) I came out ok. Crazy times. Good luck with the search.

In California they are going for $1,500 to $2k+ for an MOS 43x or 48

Keep checking on GunWatcher.com. I found mine on there in the early morning hours like 3:00 AM and paid just under MSRP including shipping and no tax. Also GrabaGun had a few the other day for a low low $586.99 ouch!

Wtf that’s insane.

Thank you CDF!

User Tag List