Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Does anyone know if there's been any viable beavertail modifications available for this or the 43x? I want to like them, but I usually have to pay a blood toll to shoot one.
    Not that I've seen. I was thinking maybe the Hogue Handall but that's for lower on the grip. I also looked for something by Pearce, and by Grip Force Adapter but there's nothing I saw for the slimline Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I was thinking maybe the Hogue Handall but that's for lower on the grip.
    The version with the beavertail might be better than nothing, even if it wouldn't be as effective as the Gen 4/5 beavertail backstraps. I have a beavertail-style Handall on my 42 and it makes it much more shootable -- but my problem with the 42 wasn't slide bite, it was that it was so small that I couldn't get a solid grip and decent trigger finger position. I don't carry it much so I can't offer a long-term recommendation from that perspective, but I have shot it a fair bit (pocket division of GSSF) and like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    The version with the beavertail might be better than nothing, even if it wouldn't be as effective as the Gen 4/5 beavertail backstraps. I have a beavertail-style Handall on my 42 and it makes it much more shootable -- but my problem with the 42 wasn't slide bite, it was that it was so small that I couldn't get a solid grip and decent trigger finger position. I don't carry it much so I can't offer a long-term recommendation from that perspective, but I have shot it a fair bit (pocket division of GSSF) and like it a lot.
    That might help. I don’t get slide bite but I sure can understand if it’s an issue.

I just ordered another Talon rubber grip for my 48, since I had one on my (sold) G43X, and liked it. That might be another option I suppose, but it’s not like it would change grip position a whole heck of a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    I recently spent some time with the 48 and had the same issue. Three mags in and got some really nasty slide bite. It's a shame because the gun feels and shoots great.
    I’ve got big fleshy paws and had the same issue...a post by someone in the original 43x/48 thread mostly solved it. Basically, roll your grip in a little and it should help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Can you explain “roll your grip”? I don’t know that term.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    How do these guns hold up to moderate to high round counts? They’re substantially less massive than a double stack.
    Fine, but none I see have a round count that I would consider moderate to high for a Glock. They're only 2k-10k.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I am still loving my 48.

I was wondering if everyone's 48 has the breech face notch? My 48 does, but my earlier made 43 does not. My 43 works like a champ, so no worries, but the 48 definitely has a better ejection pattern.

I have an older silver slide 48, has the notch and ejects like nobody’s business.

I post this slightly in jest, but: does anyone have a good way of marking G48 mags so they stand out from G19/17 mags?

I just spent a good 30 minutes trying to locate a spare G48 magazine for a range trip tomorrow. Searched up and down. Turned out it was hiding in amongst my Glock 19 mags.

Maybe orange baseplates? Do they make those for a 48 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I post this slightly in jest, but: does anyone have a good way of marking G48 mags so they stand out from G19/17 mags? I just spent a good 30 minutes trying to locate a spare G48 magazine for a range trip tomorrow. Searched up and down. Turned out it was hiding in amongst my Glock 19 mags.
    Time for tactical readers.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List