Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Site Supporter
    I picked up a G48 on a whim last week (We’ll call it panic buying). After shooting a 43x and reading the reviews on the 48, I blindly bought a 48. After today’s range session, I am glad I took the plunge, as this gun will carry flat AIWB.

When I shot the 43x, I was very underwhelmed with the way it handled in my hands. It felt snappy and I never warmed up to it after several rental sessions.

My Blue Label dealer had a 48 in stock last week, so I took a chance on it. My sample has a nice trigger for a Glock, is accurate, reliable, and very shootable in a slim package. I look forward to wringing this out over the next several months.

Snagged a black G48 w plastic sights today at my LGS with my 2020 GSSF coupon. They got one in unexpectedly, and the Mgr gave me a call.

Looking forward to getting it to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post

When I shot the 43x, I was very underwhelmed with the way it handled in my hands. It felt snappy and I never warmed up to it after several rental sessions.
    That is precisely why I sold my G43X. Not to rag on the 43X because it certainly works for some people, but I never did end up liking to shoot it.

I have to be honest, after playing LEGO with my 43 and my 48 I prefer the 43 little and the 48 10 round.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Anyone with a 43X or 48 suffer from a painful trigger finger?

I don't have any problems with my double stacks, but the 43X is painful after just a mag or two. Wondering if switching triggers would help.

@ccmdfd - any particular place the pain is happening?

I had a G43X briefly, and in the process of evaluating it, swapped in a Overwatch Precision DAT trigger. One of the reasons was the trigger safety dingus on the OEM trigger and trigger bar was slightly proud of the shoe surface, which combined with the curve of the Glock OEM shoe gave me a slight pinch feeling sometimes. The flat trigger of the DAT trigger eliminates that.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    @ccmdfd - any particular place the pain is happening?

I had a G43X briefly, and in the process of evaluating it, swapped in a Overwatch Precision DAT trigger. One of the reasons was the trigger safety dingus on the OEM trigger and trigger bar was slightly proud of the shoe surface, which combined with the curve of the Glock OEM shoe gave me a slight pinch feeling sometimes. The flat trigger of the DAT trigger eliminates that.
    Tip, what would be considered the bottom when the finger is in the correct position on the trigger.

Wondering if it isn't making contact with the inside of the trigger guard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Tip, what would be considered the bottom when the finger is in the correct position on the trigger.

Wondering if it isn't making contact with the inside of the trigger guard.

Thanks
    Gotcha.

If that's the case, an OP DAT trigger might help with that; it pretty much looks like this:

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-09-16 16-18-24.png
Views: 649
Size:  92.8 KB

EDIT: An Apex trigger probably would do the same thing, I just don't have any experience with Apex.

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-09-16 16-20-46.png
Views: 600
Size:  54.3 KB

I ran a Glock 48 for about a year as a concealed carry gun, and I really liked it. I put rubber talon grips on it and swapped out the trigger shoe for a smooth Glock trigger shoe from a 17 trigger bar assembly. It was great for my shooting, I really had to tighten up my fundamentals with the slightly smaller grip. I got to where I could run it as well as a 19. When I decided to get into pistol red dots, I gave the 48 to my wife and went back to the 19. I'm a large human, and practically I can hide a 19, 45, or even a 17 easily and didn't need the compromise of the 48. It was just a better fit for her smaller hands and smaller stature. To her, it shot way better than the 43x she tried. I think it's a great gun, but for most male shooters the 19 is still probably the sweet spot.

G48 is my favorite pistol I've ever owned. I stick with oem mags and oem parts. Gonna add a dot but other then that, scd and grip plug. Good to go

User Tag List