Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Any other Glock 48 fans?

I have owned Glocks before (G17x3, G19, G26 and G34x2) over the years... But, I've been Glockless for a few years... And, for the last decade or so, I have been a HUGE DA/SA guy. Sure, I've owned several striker fired guns over 25+ years - but they really have not been my thing for the past 12-14 years or so.

Anyway, the Glock 48 caught my attention a few months back. But, I have bought so many guns over the years (3 digits worth), and didn't like them after I owned them. I didn't wanna make that mistake again.

Well, my local range finally got one to rent. I rented it a fewof weeks ago, and I loved it. This gun is fantastic for a guy with smaller hands. But, it still has a 4" barrel. I had the shop order me a blue label one with Ameriglo sights. It came in a few days later, and I took it to the range. Shot very tight groups compared to some of my other guns. Now, it is in my carry rotation.

Every time I pick it up, it just feels right in the hand...

The gun is very accurate. I like the way it shoots, and it fits my hands better than the double stack G19. What I like it that while it is thinner, it's not TOO thin. The Shield and the XDe seem almost TOO thin. But, the width of the G48 fits my hands just perfect. I only added a Hogue Jr grip to it, because I like rubber grips on most of my guns.

Anyone else a fan of the G48?

Now, I find myself wanting another Glock - I did rent the 43X, but I prefer the G48 over it. While not a single stack, I am considering getting either a G45 or a G34 in the near future....

Nice. What is the Blue Label product number/stock number for this one? Which Ameriglo sights does it come with?

Picked mine up about three months ago and I have only fired about 50 rounds thru it. I have no complaints whatsoever and it sits beside me in my recliner as my go to pistol.

Name:  0D5568D9-D220-46C2-B1DA-4CE4DBD0C0DD.jpg
Views: 4312
Size:  50.8 KB

Huge fan of mine. It’s extremely reliable, shootable and mine has reliable 15rd Shield mags that gives me a G19 capacity but in a much more comfortable setup. Putting the dot on it was a game changer even for a little gun. I’m currently considering on getting rid of my 17 and 19s. The only downfall I see with the slim Glocks is that there aren’t any good high output WML’s.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I am happy with mine but unfortunately one of my two 48s is back at Glock. Got failures to return to battery with almost every round, including a mag of Federal HST. Will be happy once it is back in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Nice. What is the Blue Label product number/stock number for this one? Which Ameriglo sights does it come with?
    I don't know the stock # off hand. I don't have the box in front of me. However, if you google Blue Label Glock 48, you can probably find it. I did that to judge the price of buying it local vs buying online for less, but then paying the $25 FFL transfer fee. I just got mine locally instead...

It comes with Ameriglo Bold sights - You can get pretty much any Glock with these sights now.

Last edited by Shipwreck; 03-18-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Name:  0D5568D9-D220-46C2-B1DA-4CE4DBD0C0DD.jpg
Views: 4312
Size:  50.8 KB

Huge fan of mine. It’s extremely reliable, shootable and mine has reliable 15rd Shield mags that gives me a G19 capacity but in a much more comfortable setup. Putting the dot on it was a game changer even for a little gun. I’m currently considering on getting rid of my 17 and 19s. The only downfall I see with the slim Glocks is that there aren’t any good high output WML’s.
    I have seen some mixed reports on those mags - depending on which gun forum and which thread you read. I have seen several problems people have had. I have decided just to stick with factory mags, as I already have a bunch now anyway

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I have seen some mixed reports on those mags - depending on which gun forum and which thread you read. I have seen several problems people have had. I have decided just to stick with factory mags, as I already have a bunch now anyway
    Yup, there are mixed reports about them. There’s nothing wrong with 10+1 OEM’s. Reliability is key so I don’t blame you.

I absolutely love mine. I wish grip texture was more aggressive but otherwise I love it.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I am a fan of the 48. It is very accurate. I've been doing some 100 yard shooting lately on a B8 target. Mostly because it's just been raining constantly and everything is a swamp right now. I tried my g19, px4cc and g48 so far. I can hit pretty much at will with g19 at 100 yards. Px4cc I couldn't hit squat or figure out my hold. Hit all around the target and I believe just got 1 hit out of 15 on target. The g48 I was holding the same as my g19 and hitting way low, like 5 ft on the ground in front of the target using the same hold as my g19. I need to hold a good 2" higher than the target at that range but was getting them in there about every other shot. Still not digging the height on the ameriglo bold sights. Not a whole lot to be learned from all of that but nice to know I can hit at 100 yards way better than I thought I would be able to free standing.

User Tag List