Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I had a problem disassembling an early MOS Glock. Turns out Glock had drilled one hole to deep and loctite from the screw ran down the hole into the channel, binding the bearing rod and spring from coming out.
    That's why I use the thread lock that you allow to dry on the screw prior to install instead of the liquid.
    Less chance of it dripping into places it doesn't need to be.
    Vibra-Tite is the brand.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    That's why I use the thread lock that you allow to dry on the screw prior to install instead of the liquid.
    Less chance of it dripping into places it doesn't need to be.
    Vibra-Tite is the brand.
    I’ve been using the Chapstik-type threadlock for the last year or so. It seems to be working well.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Something to consider is whether your reliability issue relates to specific ammo types or whether it is a general reliability issue. If it is a reliability issue caused by the installation, I would think it would apply to all ammo types. I am leaning towards a general issue, as opposed to for example "a Gold Dot 115" issue.
    Indeed, I could reach that conclusion as well. And too, weighing in on that assessment is the ammo cost I am burning "to be sure", that this pistol will work when I need it to. Every time I press the trigger, it's $0.50, and up to $1.50 a round for the HST. Which is starting to add up in my head. A quote from one of my favorite movies (10 points if you get this one) If there is any doubt, there is no doubt. So I've decided to pump the brakes on this pistol for now.

Meanwhile, I've started preliminary negotiations with the CFO to purchase another G19, an MOS model this time, using my GSSF coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Indeed, I could reach that conclusion as well. And too, weighing in on that assessment is the ammo cost I am burning "to be sure", that this pistol will work when I need it to. Every time I press the trigger, it's $0.50, and up to $1.50 a round for the HST. Which is starting to add up in my head. A quote from one of my favorite movies (10 points if you get this one) If there is any doubt, there is no doubt. So I've decided to pump the brakes on this pistol for now.

Meanwhile, I've started preliminary negotiations with the CFO to purchase another G19, an MOS model this time, using my GSSF coupon.
    I think the quote is from Ronin. But after reading your cost analysis of the HST's, my mind thought you were going to quote Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, when Don Johonson was talking about the cost of 454 and 50AE, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    I think the quote is from Ronin. But after reading your cost analysis of the HST's, my mind thought you were going to quote Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, when Don Johonson was talking about the cost of 454 and 50AE, LOL.
    Give this man a cigar.

What is the weight difference between a stock 48 slide and one with a 507K or RMSc direct milled?
    Not a G48, but loading up for the dentist . . . well, range, after the dentist . . . and noticed a P365 in safe. Weighed the slide (minus barrel & spring) on digital postal scale; it was 9.2 oz.

Then weighed my carry P365 slide, milled and with 507K installed. Weight was . . . 9.2 oz.

Not sure what the accuracy/precision is on this scale, but a single 115g 9mm ball round weighed 0.4 oz.

Never had any feeding issues with the optic-mounted P365, and had a Shield RMSw on it for a good many rounds before switching to the Holosun.

It’s not simply a matter of reciprocating mass. Moving mass further away from the recoil spring changes the forces acting on the slide in recoil. It’s easier to hold a weight at your chest than it is at arm’s length—same concept.

That said, if a miniscule change in amount or location of reciprocating mass causes your gun to lose reliability… that means it was operating at the ragged edge of reliability in the first case. That would greatly diminish my confidence in a particular example of a design, even if I reversed the changes.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Meant to add that when I picked up P365 w/ optic this morning, battery was dead. No blinking warning. On yesterday; dead today. Original battery that came in optic, so no history.

I don't have a 43X RSA handy, but how does it compare size wise to the 26 RSA?

Name:  E9CFDAB6-AB15-48D2-AF5A-2AC3F155DB6D.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  51.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

As a ban state guy, i certainly have been routing for the 43x/48 to be gtg. I know the 26 is gtg but some ppl prefer a fuller sized grip.

User Tag List