Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Maple Leaf won’t mill a 48 for an RMRcc with a rear sight. They did my G45, though, and did good work with a quick turnaround.

I have a 48 getting milled for an RMRcc at Battlewerx right now.
    On Maple Leafs site it allows you to pick rmrcc, add the G48 as an option and even pick irons in front or behind optic.

Slightly off-topic:

I have a Shadow Systems MR918 which is not the optics ready version. Basically a Glock 19 Gen4 slide. I sent it to Battlewerx for milling and installation of a 507C and was very, very impressed with their work and turnaround time.

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    I just sent my 48 to Battlewerks. I really like the milling depth (0.160") and the raised threaded bosses. They also said they'd have it back to me in 10 days since I'm going to cold blue it myself. Their Cerakote takes quite a bit longer. I should be able to make due with my factory-height Ameriglos (~0.180" front and back), but I'll put a Dawson plain front on it once I zero and determine what height I want the front and if I want taller sights in-general.

Attachment 73104

Should have approximately this sight picture:
    Attachment 73105
    I don’t think that image is of a 43/48 slide - Battleworx only shows availability of the rear sight in front of the RMRcc.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I don’t think that image is of a 43/48 slide - Battleworx only shows availability of the rear sight in front of the RMRcc.
    It is a 48/43x. I should have specified - this is for a Holosun 507k.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    On Maple Leafs site it allows you to pick rmrcc, add the G48 as an option and even pick irons in front or behind optic.
    If you pick those options, you get this message:

The selected optic cut configuration is not compatible with this model. 43/43X/48 models can only be machined in the SETBACK configuration with the RMRcc optic cut.
    I asked him to do irons in front about a month ago, and got this reply:

Unfortunately it is not possible to safely machine this configuration due the the dimensions of the optic and the drop safety mechanism in the slide.

Thanks,
    John Shewchuk
    Maple Leaf Firearms, LLC
    www.mapleleaffirearms.com

That’s odd. I’m tempted to just move forward with milling my m&P for now. I own it already. But I’ve got to grab a 48 soon. Tough call.

Put another 50 rounds of Blazer 124 through the G48 today shaking out the new Shield Arms 15 round magazines. I am liking the mags in this gun. So far so good.

I did have one malfunction; a failure to feed on round 3 of a 15+1 loaded magazine. The slide just did not go into battery completely. I looked at the spec for the BB vs. the normal AE I run; they are not that far different.

Name:  IMG_9209.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  46.3 KB

So far, since the 507k has been installed (direct mill by PM), I've had four malfunctions of this type, 3 with Speer Gold Dot 124+p, and one with the Blazer.

This ammo shot otherwise ok today, and shoots ok in my other Glock (34).

I guess I'm not sure what to make of this. On the one hand, I can blame the ammo (again), or it maybe that I'm just rolling the dice every time with this gun with this optic with this RSA (which I did end up renewing at just over 1,000 rounds, just to be safe.) I'd like to shoot a case of Federal HST to validate the gun, but it ain't happening. I mean heck it'd be cheaper to buy a G45 MOS and get used to running a slightly bigger gun AIWB now I've lost some weight. Hmmm...

Think the G43x would be more reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Think the G43x would be more reliable?
    If that’s to me, no. In my case I have a pistol which is/may be at the hairy edge of operating correctly which I’ve dropped an optic on top of. I think this is unique to me/my G48.

I’ll defer to @TC215 or @HCM who have vastly more institutional vision to assess reliability across G43/G43X/G48.

Failure to completely RTB seems to be the most seen issue in the 48. I know mine was resolved or at least seriously reduced by watching that the extractor depressor plunger spring is completely seated on the extractor depressor plunger, but why these parts don’t always stay together is a mystery to me. I’d like to try lightly knurling the extractor depressor plunger where the spring seats to see if that helps.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List