Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    So, do you guys prefer the new all black slide version or the stainless looking version or the original? I had a stainless version in my hands yesterday at the lgs and it was a new blue label with the gen 5 barrel in it. I almost bought the it but walked away from it.. Your thoughts...
    Can you expand on the part in bold?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The black looks better but the Gen5 black finish is rather slick. I prefer the feel of the PVD on the silver 48/43X and tan 19X for actually using the gun.
    This. The Gen5 nDLC finish is a very deep, rich black with just the right amount of shine to it. It’s also frustratingly slick to the touch. I’ve had my hands slip while manipulating the slide on Gen5 guns numerous times over the past few years. It’s never happened when manipulating one of the PVD slide finish guns like the silver slide G48.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Can you expand on the part in bold?
    It appeared to have the newer modified crown of the gen5 models.. It was almost a 90 degree crown on the barrel..

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    It appeared to have the newer modified crown of the gen5 models.. It was almost a 90 degree crown on the barrel..
    Gotcha, thanks. I misunderstood your post, hence the question.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    This. The Gen5 nDLC finish is a very deep, rich black with just the right amount of shine to it. It’s also frustratingly slick to the touch. I’ve had my hands slip while manipulating the slide on Gen5 guns numerous times over the past few years. It’s never happened when manipulating one of the PVD slide finish guns like the silver slide G48.
    Along those lines,

@TCinVA @JodyH

Has anyone compared the Gen 5 heat issue with the nDLC finish vs the PVD ? Say a 19x vs G45 to see if the nDLC finish gun heats up more ?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Trooof. If this same nDLC is on the black G48 slide, that stuff is slipperier than a Politician’s campaign promises.

Being a lefty, with the slimlines single slide stop lever, I have to do this wierd Kabuki dance cross-handed thing to lock the slide back. The back of the slide is pretty hard to get ahold of lol.

Does anyone know if the G48 MOS is available with the PVD silver finish? The Glock website doesn’t list the silver finished guns anymore but people are still saying they’re finding blue label two tone guns at the store. Maybe they’re old stock but it’s tough imagining a Glock just sitting in the dealer’s display during the Great Gun and Ammo Shortage of 2020.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Along those lines,

@TCinVA @JodyH

Has anyone compared the Gen 5 heat issue with the nDLC finish vs the PVD ? Say a 19x vs G45 to see if the nDLC finish gun heats up more ?
    Not in any scientific way, at least not on my part. I've put enough rounds through them to find out that they heat up pretty darn quick too, though.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Still working through sight options on my G48. I currently have the original OEM plastic 0.256" rear and an Ameriglo Pro Glo 0.180" on the front.

Scored a 90-0X on The Test today. Ammo was Speer Gold Dot 124+p. I like this gun.

Attachment 61328
    I don’t know what your preferences in sights are but I really like the Warren rear sight on my 43x’s.

I have one paired with an Ameriglo Agent orange front. Another with red fiber front. I prefer the orange sight.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I don’t know what your preferences in sights are but I really like the Warren rear sight on my 43x’s.

I have one paired with an Ameriglo Agent orange front. Another with red fiber front. I prefer the orange sight.
    What front height do you use with that? Do you use a shoot dot or top of sight hold?

At 0.230”, the Warren steel rear might not be a good match for the Ameriglo 0.180” front I have now (which, I admit, I had in the spare parts bin, so I’m trying to be a little economical.). I do understand the pros and cons of night sights, but in this case I’d prefer to have some subdued tritium vials on the rears. The Warren is good value for money at $20, that’s for sure.

User Tag List