Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

If Glock would make a 43 that accepted 43x/48 magazines life would be easy.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Glock should just license out the Shield S15 mags for these, improve them if needed, and I'd be ecstatic.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Glock should just license out the Shield S15 mags for these, improve them if needed, and I'd be ecstatic.
    I think the new PSA mags with the front half having a polymer lining are clever. We'll see if they work.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I think the new PSA mags with the front half having a polymer lining are clever. We'll see if they work.
    PSA is a firearms manufacturer now, I don't think a lot of enthusiasts have realized how big they're getting and how much industrial capacity they have now.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    My 48 is a tad more snappy than my 43X, and I attribute this to a slightly heavier slide combined with the 43x's recoil spring. An imprecise, subjective comment is that the way it feels ain't quite right. If I were really serious about going armed, I would select a 26 or 43X over the 48. Mine belongs to my wife who uses it as a home defense pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I’ve looked on their site and for whatever reason can’t seem to find them, can you help a brother out with a link. Obviously my google foo leaves a lot to be desired.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I’ve looked on their site and for whatever reason can’t seem to find them, can you help a brother out with a link. Obviously my google foo leaves a lot to be desired.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...-magazine.html

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    PSA is a firearms manufacturer now, I don't think a lot of enthusiasts have realized how big they're getting and how much industrial capacity they have now.
    This. They are RAPIDLY gaining market share compared to everyone else due to their D2C model and rapid innovation.

The downside to this is that sometimes stuff isn't fully ready when it comes to market historically, however given who they've been pulling into their team in the last two years... they are going to become a major contender. I have ~3000 rds through my Dagger Compact with no issues outside of the trigger pin walking, but I fixed that pretty readily.

That being said, I LOVE my G48MOS and I plan to get another one to carry and use the one I have as a trainer. I'm up to 4300rds (logged), 500rds of Speer GDHP, and the rest PSA 124gr ball. It is a machine. I've noticed that it's happiest with a 1000-1500rd interval on the RSA, which is fine for me considering the advantages it has for carry and handling.

I don't know why I would ever want to buy a 365 with the PSA mags coming to market honestly. The 365 grip is super wonky for me and the handling is awkward. But that may just be my hands.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My 48 is a tad more snappy than my 43X, and I attribute this to a slightly heavier slide combined with the 43x's recoil spring. An imprecise, subjective comment is that the way it feels ain't quite right. If I were really serious about going armed, I would select a 26 or 43X over the 48. Mine belongs to my wife who uses it as a home defense pistol.
    In the 47 thread some people were saying that the stiffer recoil spring and heavier slide made it the best performing Glock evar.

Which goes against everything ever done to competition guns..

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    That being said, I LOVE my G48MOS and I plan to get another one to carry and use the one I have as a trainer. I'm up to 4300rds (logged), 500rds of Speer GDHP, and the rest PSA 124gr ball. It is a machine. I've noticed that it's happiest with a 1000-1500rd interval on the RSA, which is fine for me considering the advantages it has for carry and handling.
    Very interesting! What symptoms does your 48 exhibit that's leading you to that short of an RSA change interval?

I'm at a shade over 3,000 documented rounds on my non-MOS 48 with a direct milled EPS carry. Mine has been a superbly reliable gun without any of the gremlins like inconsistent ejection/ brass to face, or unusual grip sensitivity when it comes to ejection and feeding. I was planning on just doing an RSA change like I've always done with my 9mm Glocks at 5,000, so I'm curious about this.

User Tag List