Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks Ken, yes, thought of that yesterday and pulled the extractor depressor plunger spring and checked it is seated. Good call.
    Ok, I was hoping it would be an easy fix. Damn.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Especially in these time of ammo scarcity, I would take a full magazine of FMJ like Lawman that functions, over a mag of JHP that is not tested or of questionable function.
    this is good advice.

Given the ammo situation, I'll likely take a couple of mags of my 10-year-old 124 grain +p ammo to the range, see if it functions, if not I'll load up with some factory ball and see if that functions, and determine my carry load accordingly.

I'm pretty excited to pick up the gun. Get to see a friend I haven't seen in years, and I frankly can't recall the last time I bought a new pistol...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Ameriglo sights listed for the 42/43 also fit the 48?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I neglected to post the photo of the rear of the Speer Gold Dot 124+p that failed to light off. This was round 1 of the first mag of the day. Two rounds later was the FTF malfunction.

Normally the striker imprint is centered and oblong. How does a dimple this size and location (near the edge?) get put on the cartridge?

Attachment 71311

I'd also check to see if the cerakote is possibly causing some drag somewhere (Breech Face, slide that contacts the slide rails etc.) and keeping the slide from going completely into battery consistently. When I had my G48 cerakoted, I had the outside completed only for this potential reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    I'd also check to see if the cerakote is possibly causing some drag somewhere (Breech Face, slide that contacts the slide rails etc.) and keeping the slide from going completely into battery consistently. When I had my G48 cerakoted, I had the outside completed only for this potential reason.
    Copy, and good point. Yep, I've gone over the rails very carefully inside and out and can't really determine there is anything there vis a vis coating.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Ameriglo sights listed for the 42/43 also fit the 48?
    I never had a 43/42, but the 43X and 48 sights are identical. One suspects since the 43X is a 43 slide, so by extension yes they'd be the same?

Ah...copy.

I have this habit built from shooting my VP9 very early of smacking the rear of the slide firmly after seating a cartridge. I don't honestly recall either way in this case, but suspect I need to get back into doing that with the G48 and the under (?) sprung RSA from the G43.

And I totally get it that I am dealing with a gun that has a narrower envelope of performance than double stack Glocks, and hopefully if I stop messing with it all will be well.

Thanks, much obliged.
    Didn’t read all your posts about this but have you changed any of the fire control components and then checked engagement of the trigger bar to the striker? From the pic it looks like the gun released the striker when the round was out of battery in that the round wasn’t fully chambered, thus yielding the way off center dimple.

I neglected to post the photo of the rear of the Speer Gold Dot 124+p that failed to light off. This was round 1 of the first mag of the day. Two rounds later was the FTF malfunction.

Normally the striker imprint is centered and oblong. How does a dimple this size and location (near the edge?) get put on the cartridge?

Attachment 71311
    This is the one I meant to quote...

Didn’t read all your posts about this but have you changed any of the fire control components and then checked engagement of the trigger bar to the striker? From the pic it looks like the gun released the striker when the round was out of battery in that the round wasn’t fully chambered, thus yielding the way off center dimple.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    That reminds me - I want to cut down one of my slimline slide cover plates to make a inspection plate like I have for the other guns.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That reminds me - I want to cut down one of my slimline slide cover plates to make a inspection plate like I have for the other guns.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/361964362622

Never tried these but it looks like the easy button answer.

User Tag List