Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Ive thought about this. However, what over penetration concerns would there be with 9mm ball?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Especially in these time of ammo scarcity, I would take a full magazine of FMJ like Lawman that functions, over a mag of JHP that is not tested or of questionable function.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Ive thought about this. However, what over penetration concerns would there be with 9mm ball?
    Based on my experience with field pistols, I have come to value reliability first and foremost. Next is bullet performance, meaning reaching the vitals. Over penetration is number three or lower on my list, since I can likely manage over penetration.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Based on my experience with field pistols, I have come to value reliability first and foremost. Next is bullet performance, meaning reaching the vitals. Over penetration is number three or lower on my list, since I can likely manage over penetration.
    They all fall to EuroBall?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’m glad I hit a point that, I have enough vetted systems, that I’ll just make due for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks, good input.

I failed to mention I put 76 trouble-free rounds of FMJ through, just after it came back from PM. The malfunction came with the third round of Gold Dot 124+ps on this most recent range trip, the first mag of Hollow Points since it was milled.
    I neglected to post the photo of the rear of the Speer Gold Dot 124+p that failed to light off. This was round 1 of the first mag of the day. Two rounds later was the FTF malfunction.

Normally the striker imprint is centered and oblong. How does a dimple this size and location (near the edge?) get put on the cartridge?

Name:  IMG_8852.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  30.6 KB

Site Supporter
    I neglected to post the photo of the rear of the Speer Gold Dot 124+p that failed to light off. This was round 1 of the first mag of the day. Two rounds later was the FTF malfunction.

Normally the striker imprint is centered and oblong. How does a dimple this size and location (near the edge?) get put on the cartridge?

The striker is only able to be in one place. The cartridge might be anywhere in its feed cycle. The striker got released when the cartridge was against the breech face of the slide, but the primer wasn’t lined up properly with the striker: IOW, the pistol was not completely in battery.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Ah yes 90's gun writer scare tactics....

HP's can clog and become ball

Misses

Peripheral hits

Best to have awareness of surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    The striker is only able to be in one place. The cartridge might be anywhere in its feed cycle. The striker got released when the cartridge was against the breech face of the slide, but the primer wasn’t lined up properly with the striker: IOW, the pistol was not completely in battery.
    Ah...copy.

I have this habit built from shooting my VP9 very early of smacking the rear of the slide firmly after seating a cartridge. I don't honestly recall either way in this case, but suspect I need to get back into doing that with the G48 and the under (?) sprung RSA from the G43.

And I totally get it that I am dealing with a gun that has a narrower envelope of performance than double stack Glocks, and hopefully if I stop messing with it all will be well.

Thanks, much obliged.

Pull your extractor plunger and spring, carefully so as to not cause the parts to spontaneously disassemble. Is the extractor plunger spring fully seated on the extractor plunger? A few of us found that it wasn’t, causing RTB issues.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Pull your extractor plunger and spring, carefully so as to not cause the parts to spontaneously disassemble. Is the extractor plunger spring fully seated on the extractor plunger? A few of us found that was causing RTB issues.
    Thanks Ken, yes, thought of that yesterday and pulled the extractor depressor plunger spring and checked it is seated. Good call.

User Tag List