Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Sibley View Post
    Very interesting! What symptoms does your 48 exhibit that's leading you to that short of an RSA change interval?

I'm at a shade over 3,000 documented rounds on my non-MOS 48 with a direct milled EPS carry. Mine has been a superbly reliable gun without any of the gremlins like inconsistent ejection/ brass to face, or unusual grip sensitivity when it comes to ejection and feeding. I was planning on just doing an RSA change like I've always done with my 9mm Glocks at 5,000, so I'm curious about this.
    The only objective test I recall from my baby Glock Armorer class was to hold the pistol vertically, with the trigger back, and release the slide slowly. The slide should return fully on it's own. If not, replace the RSA. This is one of the "Function Tests" listed in the back of the manual (page 119). I've heard the "5,000" interval mentioned in discussion on double stacks, but also that some suggest less for the smaller guns. I am no Glock expert, for sure. As a comparison, the Sig P365 lists 2,500 rounds in the manual. At $20 apiece, replacing the RSA on the Glock 48 does not seem like a huge expense in the grand scheme of things.

On mine (Glock 48 direct milled for a 507k), the symptom was failure to reliably chamber rounds (as in, failure to chamber 3 rounds in one session using Speer Gold Dot 124+p). It was almost perfect, less the ability to shoot my carry ammo, so I sold it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Sibley View Post
    Very interesting! What symptoms does your 48 exhibit that's leading you to that short of an RSA change interval?

I'm at a shade over 3,000 documented rounds on my non-MOS 48 with a direct milled EPS carry. Mine has been a superbly reliable gun without any of the gremlins like inconsistent ejection/ brass to face, or unusual grip sensitivity when it comes to ejection and feeding. I was planning on just doing an RSA change like I've always done with my 9mm Glocks at 5,000, so I'm curious about this.
    Inconsistent ejection pattern, increased recoil impulse.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    The only objective test I recall from my baby Glock Armorer class was to hold the pistol vertically, with the trigger back, and release the slide slowly. The slide should return fully on it's own. If not, replace the RSA. This is one of the "Function Tests" listed in the back of the manual (page 119). I've heard the "5,000" interval mentioned in discussion on double stacks, but also that some suggest less for the smaller guns. I am no Glock expert, for sure. As a comparison, the Sig P365 lists 2,500 rounds in the manual. At $20 apiece, replacing the RSA on the Glock 48 does not seem like a huge expense in the grand scheme of things.

On mine (Glock 48 direct milled for a 507k), the symptom was failure to reliably chamber rounds (as in, failure to chamber 3 rounds in one session using Speer Gold Dot 124+p). It was almost perfect, less the ability to shoot my carry ammo, so I sold it.
    This too regarding the test.

Odd that you had that w/Speer GDHP. I haven't had this issue at all with my MOS.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    increased recoil impulse.
    This, is hard to tell over time if you do not have a new gun (or gun with new recoil spring in it) to compare it with side by side. I remember shooting my gen 3 G19 for thousands of rounds when I first got it in 2001 and never realized the spring needed replaced until i shot another nib one side by side and could really tell the difference in recoil. the new recoil spring brought my gun back to its original feel once i did that. If you do not keep a total number of rounds fired log of your pistols, you will never know just how many rounds you have fired over time and never know that the recoil spring is needing replaced. This is why I NOW keep a total number of rounds fired in each of my pistols from every range trip or training session so I know.

User Tag List