Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Anyone know the proper Ameriglos to use as lower 1/3 or 1/5 (back up use only) for a G43x with rmrcc?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Anyone know the proper Ameriglos to use as lower 1/3 or 1/5 (back up use only) for a G43x with rmrcc?
    I think it might depend on who is doing the milling - there seems to be a bit of variance between how deep different shops do the cut.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Oh ok. I wanted to buy a 48 or 43x in the coming months and eventually have it milled. Didn’t want the plastic sights and didn’t want to spend on nice ones that I’d take off and replace. I’ll just wait on it til then.

Oh ok. I wanted to buy a 48 or 43x in the coming months and eventually have it milled. Didn’t want the plastic sights and didn’t want to spend on nice ones that I’d take off and replace. I’ll just wait on it til then.
    Do you have a shop picked out to do the milling? You might be able to determine what height they recommend.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Looking at either maple leaf or Jager. I should be doing my 2.0 compact but I’m super tempted by the G43x.

Looking at either maple leaf or Jager. I should be doing my 2.0 compact but I’m super tempted by the G43x.
    Both good choices from what I have seen. I’m particularly impressed with the things I’ve seen about Battleworx, I think they will be my milling choice.
    Ken

I’ll go take a look. You’re milling a 48?

At the moment I’m considering milling a 43, but same difference. If the 43 works out, I’ll do my 48 at some point. Given my eye changes I feel red dots are my future.

It’s early, and I can’t remember which member has a Battleworx milled 43. If you check my posting history over the last month you’ll find it.
    Ken

I just sent my 48 to Battlewerks. I really like the milling depth (0.160") and the raised threaded bosses. They also said they'd have it back to me in 10 days since I'm going to cold blue it myself. Their Cerakote takes quite a bit longer. I should be able to make due with my factory-height Ameriglos (~0.180" front and back), but I'll put a Dawson plain front on it once I zero and determine what height I want the front and if I want taller sights in-general.

Name:  Battlewerks 507k milling 2021-06-21_7-45-37.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  15.4 KB

Should have approximately this sight picture:
    Attachment 73105

Maple Leaf won’t mill a 48 for an RMRcc with a rear sight. They did my G45, though, and did good work with a quick turnaround.

I have a 48 getting milled for an RMRcc at Battlewerx right now.

User Tag List