Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other Glock 48 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I post this slightly in jest, but: does anyone have a good way of marking G48 mags so they stand out from G19/17 mags?

I just spent a good 30 minutes trying to locate a spare G48 magazine for a range trip tomorrow. Searched up and down. Turned out it was hiding in amongst my Glock 19 mags.

Maybe orange baseplates? Do they make those for a 48 yet?
    Silver or gold sharpie, put a ring/stripe around the mag just above the base plate.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I had to search high and low to find some 124 Gold Dot in my loaded double stack magazines to fill a few 10 round G48 magazines. Right now I’m so vested in the G48 that most of my 17 and 19 spare mags that I normally keep in my work backpack, glove console and wife’s car are mainly replaced with G48 magazines. I was tempted to trade a box of 147 gr HST 50/box with someone that has an equal amount of 124 GD.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    How do these guns hold up to moderate to high round counts?

They’re substantially less massive than a double stack.
    I have +9,000 through one of my 48s, no issues

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    I had to search high and low to find some 124 Gold Dot in my loaded double stack magazines to fill a few 10 round G48 magazines. Right now I’m so vested in the G48 that most of my 17 and 19 spare mags that I normally keep in my work backpack, glove console and wife’s car are mainly replaced with G48 magazines. I was tempted to trade a box of 147 gr HST 50/box with someone that has an equal amount of 124 GD.
    I have had good results with my 147 grain hst

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I have had good results with my 147 grain hst
    I thought I saw on here from a few members that did not have good results with 147 HST. I’m trying to find the posts.

I thought I saw on here from a few members that did not have good results with 147 HST. I’m trying to find the posts.
    I ran one mag of 147 HST through my G48 a few months ago, but don't recall any specific issues. It ran like all the rest of the ammo I've tried, which is to say with 0 problems. But only a sample of 10 and all that.

The Speer Gold Dot 124+p I use for carry, same; no issues. I suppose either would work. I have more of the HST than the Gold Dot, but enough of each for the next few years at current rates. I am certainly not blowing through carry ammo to vet guns like I used to, that's for sure.

I do have at least 10 once-chambered Speer Gold Dot 115 in my little plastic ready storage box I am bringing with me to today's range session. That's what I picked to run in our Sig P365. I will run a mag of that through the G48 as well, just as another data point.

Good to know guys, thank you.

The G48 is somewhat comparable in size to a commander sized 1911 which I’m not a fan of in the traditional .45 platform. Now a well built modern 2011 style in 9mm I’d love to own, it’s just $$$$.
    A closer comparison would be to a CCO sized 1911 with alloy frame. Which I have as well as a G48.
    Comparison pics to follow

I have had no problems with 147 HST in a 48 or a 43X. But if you’re looking to trade it I think I have 50 124 +p gold dot that I’d swap.

I think GJM and a few others went to 115GD's due to reliability but not sure if that was for 43x/48 or 365's or both.

I believe HCM stated a .gov org. won't allow 124+p GD's in 43's due to reliability.

I have a 43x with a 48 on the horizon and would like more info also.

Many say (right or wrong) 147's are too long for subs.....worked in my Shield and a LC9 I had. Understanding one must vette with at least 200 rounds trouble free to be sure. (I did)

User Tag List