Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Reloading noob, want to load 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I'll end up getting a 750 and eventually a casefeeder then.

Some other things I'm considering getting include a hundo case gauge, a chronograph and maybe one of those Frankford Arsenal wet tumblers. I hear folks say they never clean their brass but at the same time, the concern of wearing out dies seems to be an issue and I have .50 cal cans full of grimy 9mm that have sand and whatnot in it as well as a bunch of dirty 30-06 range pickups. I'm trying to stay on the minimalist side of the house and avoiding the unnecessary gizmos, I won't buy a case drier or food dehydrator for example. Would it be a sound idea to get a tumbler anyways?

I'm trying to figure out what reloading manual would be best for Hogdon CFE powder, which was the only powder that I was able to find at the time. Since it's a relatively new powder, I'm having a hard time seeing a large variety of different loads compared to Bullseye or Titegroup powders.
    If the brass is really grimy, yes a wet tumble for a coupla hours with car wash soap and like an 1/4 teaspoon or less of Lemishine (be smart and buy this bulk citric acid powder, it’s the same thing as LemiShine and way cheaper, plus you can use it to clean your dishwasher and clothes washer), then drying it in a cheap food dehydrator for a few hours (I bought this one in Sept 2012, still working fine) are all you need to do. There are other ways to dry the brass, but none so fast, easy, and sure.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I gauge EVERY round every time after learning this lesson the hard way, thankfully during a practice session. I had my sizing die come out of adjustment and didn't notice during a loading session.
    Certainly nothing wrong with that.

Also maybe worth mentioning to go slow and segregate small batches when starting out. With something like a 750 it doesn't take long to turn a little problem into a big pile of problems!

User Tag List