Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Learn Me: Kriss Vector SDP

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    It does look pretty awesome. But is it really distinct from a UMP, besides using AR bits and pieces?
    No idea. There isn't a much of a market for them in LE sales, so I've not taken the time to read about them. Just wanted to throw out another option.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    So what are you buying?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I’m still debating. Trouble is the GHM45 and the Kriss are kind of the sweet spot budget wise. But neither seems to be 100%. The APC45 and Tommy Built UMPs appear to be more better, but also more money.

Then I was laying in bed last night thinking about how the AR resting next to me right then was my favorite little 9mm gun. And I have a stack of Colt-pattern SMG mags and belt pouches set up for those mags (sometimes I run this gun in PCC). And a .45 gun would reinvent the entire wheel to match up with a 1911. I could...instead...build a colt pattern AR9 and put a SB Tac PDW brace on it. I should be able to get it right down around 20” with the brace collapsed. Right in line with what I want length wise. And I’d save what 1500 bucks?

That’s most of the way to getting another STI to have a pair of them...

If someone had said, “Yes the Vector is the hotness you’ll love it.” I might well have just ordered one. But all the hesitation killed it for me.

I’m still debating. Trouble is the GHM45 and the Kriss are kind of the sweet spot budget wise. But neither seems to be 100%. The APC45 and Tommy Built UMPs appear to be more better, but also more money.

Then I was laying in bed last night thinking about how the AR resting next to me right then was my favorite little 9mm gun. And I have a stack of Colt-pattern SMG mags and belt pouches set up for those mags (sometimes I run this gun in PCC). And a .45 gun would reinvent the entire wheel to match up with a 1911. I could...instead...build a colt pattern AR9 and put a SB Tac PDW brace on it. I should be able to get it right down around 20” with the brace collapsed. Right in line with what I want length wise. And I’d save what 1500 bucks?

If someone had said, “Yes the Vector is the hotness you’ll love it.” I might well have just ordered one. But all the hesitation killed it for me.
    Lol! I was gonna suggest switching the carry pistol to 9mm to match one of the reliable 9mm PCC options but I was trying to just answer your question. To me having a PCC that takes Glock mags is a winning combo because I carry a 9mm Glock pistol. If you’re a die hard 1911 guy then the STI is a great choice to go the 9mm route.

Now if you want to split the difference... B&T is releasing an APC in 10mm that takes Glock mags.

Dude Id go GHM between that and the Kriss. Trying to spend your money here... Id still go APC if you wantes this for "serious " use beyond a range toy.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I totally get the draw of ammo commonality, but have you considered a 300blk pistol or PDW? Budget wise, they're right in your wheelhouse, and they do have commonality of parts with your AR's, so there's that.

.300blk subsonic will penetrate considerably more than standard 45acp ball, not to mention the selection of outstanding supersonic loads which would make your travel "long gun" more potent.

I could just be geeking out on them though, as I may or may not have spontaneously purchased a DD PDW yesterday for some of the same reasons you've listed (due to the current climate).

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I totally get the draw of ammo commonality, but have you considered a 300blk pistol or PDW? Budget wise, they're right in your wheelhouse, and they do have commonality of parts with your AR's, so there's that.

.300blk subsonic will penetrate considerably more than standard 45acp ball, not to mention the selection of outstanding supersonic loads which would make your travel "long gun" more potent.

I could just be geeking out on them though, as I may or may not have spontaneously purchased a DD PDW yesterday for some of the same reasons you've listed (due to the current climate).
    I have and that's also a tempting option.

Okay...okay, I think I know what to do and I might need a new thread....

Dammit Bob... Just buy the LWRCI and then sell it to me for a massive loss when you decide you should of went 300 BO later...

Dammit Bob... Just buy the LWRCI and then sell it to me for a massive loss when you decide you should of went 300 BO later...
    Rob man, it's Rob, Bob is your Uncle.

And you dream, only Alchemy owners will be able to buy anything from me.

Rob man, it's Rob, Bob is your Uncle.

And you dream, only Alchemy owners will be able to buy anything from me.
    Mea culpa... running on limited sleep, baby girl did not want to go to bed last night.

If you buy the LWRCI I'll buy an Alchemy :P

Mea culpa... running on limited sleep, baby girl did not want to go to bed last night.

If you buy the LWRCI I'll buy an Alchemy :P
    No worries.

And I'm gonna pass on the LWRCI - I got as far as, "Moving barrel" as a portion of their short recoil-delayed blowback system and went, "Nope." - Because when in the history of rifles/carbines and guns that do not need moving barrels due to size constraints has it been a good idea? Never.

"But less felt recoil than a pure blowback gun" - Sure and that's really that big a deal when firing pistol cartridges from a 4-6 pound weapon?

Currently basically between the B&T options right now, if I don't go 9mm.

User Tag List