Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Learn Me: Kriss Vector SDP

Whatever you pick make sure it runs 45 super cause GJM and bears...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Isn’t the world fucked up enough right now without you getting a gun-nerd boner over something so stupid . . .

I once shot a Vector. I have a friend who runs gun range in Florida and he had one for rent and let me shoot it.
    It was very unreliable and jammed every few rounds.

What was really funny was I had in my gun bag a gun with a very similar shape. I had the ZK-22 bullpup stock
    for a 10/22 with me and we decided to compare guns. We both agreed that my 22lr was
    more fun and more reliable than the Vector in 9mm.

https://www.aklysdefense.com/index.p...-bullpup-stock

ZK-22 Bullpup Stock: $284.99

So if you really want a fun range toy I suggest the Aklys stock (and a dremmel to get it working,
    there was lots of plastic to be removed, during assembly, for smooth operation) and leave the
    Vector to those who do not know any better.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    My shift over to 1911s has me typically traveling with a .45ACP firearm (or two) on my person. I am now considering adding a braced pistol in .45 to function as my travel long gun. There aren't a lot of options in this realm. The big four:

Kriss Vector SDP
    B&T APC45
    B&T GHM45
    A-O Thompson Pistol
    __
    Rob,
    Let me throw an outlier into the ring for your consideration:

https://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-...-xxxx-brhg.htm

A friend of mine has one of the carbine versions in .40 that was reliable when I went shooting with him....sample of one and all that. But they use Glock magazines, AR pistol grips and stocks (along with braces for the pistol versions, I'm assuming), and the entry cost is pretty reasonable.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It was part of the deal when transferring PF to LL — I’m contractually obligated to shitpost for a term of not less than one year. Unfortunately for everyone, there’s still a few months left.
    I just like having you around Tom, so whatever is clever.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You signed so you put out.
    Remind me to always read the fine print on your contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    If you're looking at $2500ish 45acp sub guns, then the LWRC SMG-45 is worth a look. I've handled one, didn't get to shoot it, but it's pretty flippin' cool.

https://www.lwrci.com/SMG-45-Pistol-SB-Brace_p_268.html
    It does look pretty awesome. But is it really distinct from a UMP, besides using AR bits and pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Whatever you pick make sure it runs 45 super cause GJM and bears...

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    I once shot a Vector. I have a friend who runs gun range in Florida and he had one for rent and let me shoot it.
    It was very unreliable and jammed every few rounds.
    See, this is interesting. I've read a mixture of reports and I am kind of getting the impression the Vector isn't super reliable. I'm also getting the impression that people aren't shooting them a lot, so it's tough to say.

Isn't Tommy Built the guy who builds like the best HK-clones on the planet? I thought I read that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Rob,
    Let me throw an outlier into the ring for your consideration:

https://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-...-xxxx-brhg.htm

A friend of mine has one of the carbine versions in .40 that was reliable when I went shooting with him....sample of one and all that. But they use Glock magazines, AR pistol grips and stocks (along with braces for the pistol versions, I'm assuming), and the entry cost is pretty reasonable.
    Interesting piece Chuck, do you happen to know if it's basically just a mini-AR or do they use a different type of recoil spring system to allow the stock to be folded without a LAW-type adapter?

Interesting piece Chuck, do you happen to know if it's basically just a mini-AR or do they use a different type of recoil spring system to allow the stock to be folded without a LAW-type adapter?
    I'm pretty sure it's a direct blowback...the tech specs go a little deeper under the ASR tab. I've not looked at it's innards, so I couldn't say. I don't see any pics on the website without some type of receiver extension. But they advertise caliber conversions that are supposed to be fairly simple and the barrels take down, IIRC.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Isn't Tommy Built the guy who builds like the best HK-clones on the planet? I thought I read that somewhere.
    I dunno about the best, but he's definitely one of them. He does a lot of custom stuff in general even outside of guns, his website is worth checking out just to see the cool shit he's made. I believe most of the XM8 clones in the USA were built by him using SL8 donor guns, along with a lot of the top shelf G36 clones.

The Omegas have a more checkered history; they have ties to the old SWS outfit that was so hated upon (I believe the owner of Omega is the brother of Todd Bailey?), but AFAIK, their quality half as bad as SWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I dunno about the best, but he's definitely one of them. He does a lot of custom stuff in general even outside of guns, his website is worth checking out just to see the cool shit he's made. I believe most of the XM8 clones in the USA were built by him using SL8 donor guns, along with a lot of the top shelf G36 clones.

The Omegas have a more checkered history; they have ties to the old SWS outfit that was so hated upon (I believe the owner of Omega is the brother of Todd Bailey?), but AFAIK, their quality half as bad as SWS.
    Yea that’s the guy! He’s a total nerd and I kind of dig it.

For some reason, probably reading a thread here, he popped up on my radar months ago. I did some digging at HK Forum and could not really find any complaints in quality or CS. I think that says something, since I’ve always felt HK fanbois look for an excuse to hate on anything HK “clone” when possible.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. My buddy had an early USC -> UMP conversion that I got some trigger time behind. It worked well, shot soft, and was stupid reliable with both German or US mags. I didn’t realize anyone was doing a quality clone for the UMP.

So what are you buying?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The B&Ts are interesting, but I'm reticent. For starters, the APC45 is ~2300 before you add a brace (which is running another 4 bills) and the GHM45 is cheaper (1600), but the brace is 600 bucks. The mags are also expensive at ~80-100 bucks a piece.
    Are you looking at the collapsing braces? They are stupid expensive. The SB side folders run from 108 to 75.
    https://dsgarms.com/rifle-accessories-sbt-sbti-01-sb

https://dsgarms.com/rifle-accessories-sbt-sbt-02-sb

I am very impressed with the APC9 PRO and would expect the same level of craftsmanship with their other calibers. I hope the LWRCi SMG45 works well but am not willing to be an early adopter after it took them 5 or 6 years to get it to market.

No experience with the Kriss. Sorry.

User Tag List