Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Learn Me: Kriss Vector SDP

Learn Me: Kriss Vector SDP

My shift over to 1911s has me typically traveling with a .45ACP firearm (or two) on my person. I am now considering adding a braced pistol in .45 to function as my travel long gun. There aren't a lot of options in this realm. The big four:

Kriss Vector SDP
    B&T APC45
    B&T GHM45
    A-O Thompson Pistol
    __

The B&Ts are interesting, but I'm reticent. For starters, the APC45 is ~2300 before you add a brace (which is running another 4 bills) and the GHM45 is cheaper (1600), but the brace is 600 bucks. The mags are also expensive at ~80-100 bucks a piece.

The Thompson - old school cool, but I think entirely impractical - mag quality seems hit and miss.

So that leaves the Vector SDP - Street price for a new Gen II is ~1300 bucks and Glock 21 mags are fairly inexpensive, the extensions they sell aren't terribly expensive either. And there are options from KCI and ETS as potentially cheap range mags.

Anyone have any experience behind the Vector? Yay? Nay? Gen 1 or Gen 2? I see advantages to the AR-Buffer tube type setup for a brace, but it seems to me the original version worked fine, especially with a tail-hook brace.

I’ve got nothing on the Kriss but have you considered an AR45 from QC10 or Stern Defense (both blowback) or one of the DI versions from Macon Armory (IIRC)?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I’ve got nothing on the Kriss but have you considered an AR45 from QC10 or Stern Defense (both blowback) or one of the DI versions from Macon Armory (IIRC)?
    I don't really want to go AR, because I'd like something that can function stock folded and fit in a back-pack.

I did re-find the link I was looking for a company (Custom Smith Manufacturing) that does tail hook adapters for the B&T that are much more reasonably priced than B&T's bits. That makes the GHM45 a more attractive offering, but still, I'm leaning Kriss.

Kriss brought us some of their early production Vectors way back in the day for an informal T&E. We were looking at options to replace our aging MP5KNs. I was not impressed, nor were any of the other guys on the team. Reliability was spotty, though I think that was most likely caused by the insanely high rate of fire on full auto. Semi-auto they ran OK, don't recall any issues. Accuracy was OK, not great, not terrible - about what I expected from a .45 ACP with a pistol-length barrel, and a far sight short of the MP5. I remember them being very heavy for the package size, so balance was a little funky.

Of your options I'd go APC45 just because it looks like a damn UMP45 and those were badass in Counter Strike.

But seriously I'd go with either the GHM or APC. If you're blasting with 45 whats a few extra hundo for the APC?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Isn’t the world fucked up enough right now without you getting a gun-nerd boner over something so stupid that if it wasn’t for the fact it looks cool in video games it wouldn’t even exist? Is jonesing for the never-going-to-be-produced Six12 not enough for you anymore‽

Why you gotta be a hater?

It was part of the deal when transferring PF to LL — I’m contractually obligated to shitpost for a term of not less than one year. Unfortunately for everyone, there’s still a few months left.
    You signed so you put out.
    #RESIST

It was part of the deal when transferring PF to LL — I’m contractually obligated to shitpost for a term of not less than one year. Unfortunately for everyone, there’s still a few months left.
    I’m really enjoying the shit posting.

If you're looking at $2500ish 45acp sub guns, then the LWRC SMG-45 is worth a look. I've handled one, didn't get to shoot it, but it's pretty flippin' cool.

https://www.lwrci.com/SMG-45-Pistol-SB-Brace_p_268.html

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You signed so you put out.
    Spoken like a true pimp.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List