Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Learn Me: Kriss Vector SDP

CDNN has USC .45 carbines for $1,700
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Here we go — let’s you stay all 1911 all the time:
    https://mechtechsys.com/CCUModels/19...2/Default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Xrslug View Post
    Here we go — let’s you stay all 1911 all the time:
    https://mechtechsys.com/CCUModels/19...2/Default.aspx
    I’ve always been drawn to those but I’ve never talked to anyone that owned one and I’ve never seen one around here to handle...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Is the Kriss still something of a sketchy choice? I’m sort of making a “Stupid Purchases: Buy it before they ban it range toy edition” list.

They’re at the top end of what I am willing to pay, but I can accomplish just about the same thing cheaper with a Ruger Charger 9mm or a Colt-mag/DOE inspired AR pistol. Those just won’t be as Fortnite cool to my grandson.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I have a Gen II Kriss in .45 ACP, with a folding brace on it and a red dot.

Honestly I bought it because I'm a mouth-breathing retard for space guns. A 10.5-11.5in 5.56 or 6-8in .300BO AR pistol is vastly better for anything 'serious'.

But I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to shoot quickly and with Decent-to-Okayish accuracy. Running G21 mags makes it all the sweeter.

When it came out of the box, the action was very stiff. It took some careful lubrication and hand-cycling to get it to loosen up. Takedown is fascinating and if SMG's were still a big deal the overall concept of operation would probably be much more refined. As it is, it's a 8-9lb SMG with strange ergos, but the safety location is one of the best and easiest to manipulate that I've ever experienced. It takes some conscious effort to stay off the magazine release when firing in a two-handed stance.

It's really tempting to SBR it just to ditch the goofy brace and actually put a vertical grip on it. Overall I think the Gen II's use of an AR tube instead of the integrated hinge was a step backward. If I were really interested in making it more useful, a SIG M1913 brace with an AR tube to vertical 1913 rail adapter would get bought.

No reliability problems with 230gr brass FMJ's from PMP (old Sarf Effrican imported ammo) or PPU. Magazines used were Glock 13 round mags, Glock mags w/Kriss extensions, or the SGM 26 round mags. Haven't tried the clear ETS magazines yet.

Interestingly, with 230gr Gold Dots the accuracy was way better than expected (~2in groups at 50 yards) but I didn't want to burn up a bunch of Gold Dots pushing it to longer ranges. The 230grn FMJ blasting ammo was closer to ~3in at that distance.

My Dad just got his Bowers 45ACP suppressor rebuilt to modern specs, and I'm hoping to try that out on the Kriss soon. I suspect that'll be really fun

10mm

The recoil mitigation system on the 10mm version works great. It's pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    The recoil mitigation system on the 10mm version works great. It's pretty neat.
    And would require a 10mm 1911. All win!

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    And would require a 10mm 1911. All win!
    I was talking about the Vector.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I was talking about the Vector.
    Gotta have a matching caliber 1911, right?

User Tag List