Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Remington 1100 RFI

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I've put together several 870 expresses in 20 and 12 gauge using 21 inch vent-rib barrels I bought from Midwest Gun Works. I like the way they handle, you can get them through a house as good as an 18 incher, IMO.

This is a 21 inch with slug sights: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/F243190

I'm not sure where you would be on price: $88.00 to $120.00 for the Express sights - https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8271 plus dovetailing the rib for the rear and installing the front sight; plus the expense of cutting down and finishing the barrel.
    It would be a home defense gun, but really a “just because” gun. I have an 870 Wingmaster that would be a lot easier to put into a HD role, but I was inspired by this thread. It is a little trickier than I anticipated.

I have used bead sights for wingshooting, but I’ve never shot buckshot with a bead. I may try it with my skeet barrel.

Site Supporter
    Another thread resurrection...

I've decided to pull my old 1100 out of the safe, dust it off, and give it some attention. I traded my dad a Maverick 88 about 30 years ago and promptly "de-Fudded" it...had it park'ed, shortened the barrel, and installed a sidesaddle, mag extension and a Choate forend and FAL-style pistol grip stock. It lived under the bed for a while under being usurped by various lever and semi PCC's several years ago. It was placed into the back of the safe and forgotten about until recently.

I just replaced the Choate with an 1187P stock, and have ordered a Mesa Urbino to try out. I've also got an 1187P forend entoute (the Choate forend is too squarish and bulky). Unfortunately I tossed the original wood furniture years ago because you couldn't give them away back then...I've looked on Ebay, etc. for replacements and had no idea they were now considered gold. Our issued duty shotguns when I started in '93 were 20" 1100's, parkerized with wood furniture...and they looked mean. (When I later transferred to the State, we were issued 14" 1187's...also pretty mean looking).

Has anyone mounted a red dot on an 1100/87? Back when this thing was relevent to me, the mounts available were of dubious quality/function but I'm sure that has changed over the last 20 - 25 years. What's a good pic rail mount for these guns?

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post

Has anyone mounted a red dot on an 1100/87? Back when this thing was relevent to me, the mounts available were of dubious quality/function but I'm sure that has changed over the last 20 - 25 years. What's a good pic rail mount for these guns?
    Aridus makes a nice one, but I dont know if it will play well with your rear sight. I has an XS peep sight, but it is removable. An email to Adam may be worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post

I've decided to pull my old 1100 out of the safe, dust it off, and give it some attention.

Hmmm. I’ve got an inherited 1100LT I’ve been wanting to do something with and this gives me ideas.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List