Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackwater 147 JHP

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    They're calling it a +P 147 and advertising a very tepid "950 Feet Per Second!"...? And the odd two-piece casing that makes it look like a belted magnum or something?

Hilarious. Total clown show. I wouldn't load that in my gun if it were free.
    I worry about the base separating from the walls during extraction, leaving the walls stuck in the chamber. That's not a malfunction, it's a jam.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post

Fact is, I got a bit lazy on ammo inventory, so now I'm looking at "options".
    For $.80/round, I would get HST's or GD's at TargetSportsUSA. They have them in stock as of this morning, just expect 12-15 day delay in shipping.

Another option are some 124+P Critical Duty's on clearance at Streicher's for $27/50. Although that's not on Doc's list like the 135+P, I would trust that more than that Blackwater stuff.
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 03-18-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Shipping prices on their items is absolutely ridiculous... nothing special about the ammo I’ll stick to the normal JHP’s from federal hornady Speer and the like ...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    They're calling it a +P 147 and advertising a very tepid "950 Feet Per Second!"...? And the odd two-piece casing that makes it look like a belted magnum or something?

Hilarious. Total clown show. I wouldn't load that in my gun if it were free.
    What do you expect from a company that named itself after sewage?

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    I want to put it on my list of possibles, but it just seems kind of .......hinky?
    I don't see any reason to even consider this. There are plenty of duty loads listed in the sticky on top of this forum with consistent history of controlled testing by agencies, real world experience by LE, built by manufacturers with track records of quality control.

Why even consider something introduced by an unknown entity with nothing going for it besides sales material?

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    I don't see any reason to even consider this. There are plenty of duty loads listed in the sticky on top of this forum with consistent history of controlled testing by agencies, real world experience by LE, built by manufacturers with track records of quality control.

Why even consider something introduced by an unknown entity with nothing going for it besides sales material?
    Name:  source.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  6.5 KB

User Tag List